close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ted Nugent is in trouble with State of Alaska

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tongix, Apr 21, 2012.

1. tongix

tongix

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

The Nuge synchophants will be here shortly to let you know that illegal hunting, draft dodging and idiotic public statements are a great way to support the 2nd amendment when Uncle Ted does such things.

3. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

The problem with poaching is once you do it, you can't un-do it. You're a poacher.

Sometimes, there's more to a story than a 'guilty plea' will tell. Maybe that's the case here - I don't know. I like Nugent. But, he can follow the game laws like the rest of us 'sportsmen'.

4. tongix

tongix

He sure has a way of words and Americans by virtue loves a loudmouth whoever they may be. Ted did raise to the level of being above the law. He has the tendency to do so. Unfortunately he did it in our last frontier. :wavey:

5. jeager

jeager

He plugged a spike in California off season, too.

6. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Hmmm, shot and killed a bear days after wounding one. Is there a chance he thought he was putting down the bear he wounded?
    Kinda sketchy details and it's MSM.

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Is there any chance that after pleading no contest to illegal baiting and not having a properly signed tag in 2010 that a responsible ethical hunter just might make double damn sure that he wouldn't violate hunting laws again?

Note that I wrote responsible ethical hunter as opposed to Ted Nugent who is a serial violator of hunting regulations.

8. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Cool it, I'm no Nugent fanboy, just had a thought. Both of our scenarios are possible.

9. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

I wonder about that myself. I remember what he did to avoid the draft.

How did he become a spokesperson for conservativism? He lost all credibility long ago.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX

:thumbsup::agree:

11. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

It was a misdemeanor violation. He paid a fine. Its done. Parking tickets, speeding tickets are all misdemeanors. Hell, I've been ticketed for having lead shot in my hunting jacket when I was duck hunting. I overlooked some shells I used for pheasant the week before... No big deal. Pay the fine. Move on.

He wounded a bear and never recovered it. Here in KY if it were a deer it wouldn't count towards my bag limit and in most other states it wouldn't as well. So he did what I would have done and went out and shot another. Probably didn't know the game laws as well as he should have. Maybe he did? Who knows. Its easy to see it either way. But its a MISDEMEANOR... He paid the fine. Big deal...

Anyone here have a speeding ticket? Parking ticket? Have trash blow out of the back of your truck? Run out of gas on a freeway? Drive around with a blown turn signal?
    J walk?

12. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

It is a misdemeanor - but it was also a conscious violation of the law. As JC Watts dad told him: "integrity is what you do when no one is watching."

You may feel that intentional game law violations are insignificant. You may also feel that ignorance of the law is inconsequential. But, I say he's a poacher - unless he made an honest mistake... It sounds like it was intentional - that makes him a poacher.

The problem with taking illegal game, even misdemeanor counts, is that one wonders what else he does 'when no one is watching'. How does Ted put that horse **** back into the horse?

You make a lot of posts about your outdoor acumen - if you can't tell the difference between jaywalking and shooting (and trying to transport) an illegal bear, than I wonder...

13. JBnTX

JBnTX

Great post!

14. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Lacey Act violations are normally a felony. Ted was given a deal and he took it.
    Game laws are there for a reason.
    I am interested to see if his leo creds will be taken because of this.
    I cringe everytime I hear him talk about being in law emforcement and flashing that badge.

What is the draft dodging thing?
    And while I'm at it.....didn't he romance an underage girl,16?, when he was in his 20's?

This is the Republican everyman hero?

15. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I don't think it was a conscious violation. They recoverd the arrow and there was no blood trail. It looked like a simple miss that may have been close enough to scare the bear. If it wounded the bear at all it looks like there's no way it could be life threatening. The law was also fairly recent <5 years. It's entirely possible, may even be true, he thought he was obeying the law.

By the way, he got out of the draft with a college deferment. Big deal, how many other millions did the same thing? I would have too but by the time I registered for the draft they had done away with college deferments.

16. tongix

tongix

Time for the NRA to let him go . If he wants to speak his mind, dont carry the NRA logo with it.

17. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

What sounds intentional about it? Like I said, if I wound a deer here and in most of my surrounding states and do not recover the animal it doesn't count against my bag limit. I can continue hunting and legally shoot another.

In Alaska the law is different than in most places. He should have known that. But maybe he didn't. It doesn't excuse the violation but maybe it explains it. I don't know and don't have evidence to the contrary. What's your evidence?

Are you sure he knew about that? What's your source? I didn't read it anywhere in the article. And speeding can kill people... Illegal Parking can make it impossible for a Fire truck to see/access a fire hydrant. Jaywalking can cause an accident and kill people. Ted didn't harm anyone ('cept a bear)...:supergrin:

Hell last year I was hunting in waterfowl in Manitoba and the Canadian Conservation officer that checked my license handed me a pen and told me I'm supposed to sign my Duck Stamp...that he could cite me for hunting with an unsigned duck stamp. But he just gave me a pen let me sign it and a warning. Was I intentionally violating the law? No but I committed a misdemeanor.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  18. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

He can come around my place an eliminate the hordes of Brown bears hanging around. They are a real PITA.

19. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Except this is what? the second or third time he's plead guilty to a poaching charge? We've got a trend emerging. If he's been caught on 12 charges of poaching, from illegal baiting, shooting an illegal animal, and now straight up poaching over his bag limit, this isn't something you can explain away as ever had a parking ticket.

And secondly, just because your state doesn't make you take responsibility for wounding and losing an animal. That doesn't mean your rules apply in other states.

Yet more proof that Ted is a turd.

20. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

They may even teach us how to spell sycophants...:whistling: