close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Teams for Statesville NC GSSF Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by LoveGlocks, Aug 28, 2004.

1. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

In an effort to get more team competition, if you are attending the Statesville NC match and would like to see if other individual shooters would like to form a team, POST your desire here. There is no cost involved with joining a team... just three shooters decide to form a team and fill out a form at the registration table.

The combined score of all three shooters in the same category will be the team score for your team. There are three divisions for Team entry: Civilian, Guardian and Master Stock.

If you are shooting for the first time or are new and would like to meet other new shooters to shoot the match together, this would be a great way to accomplish that.

If you have heard of teams in GSSF but never really had an opportunity to get two other shooters that you know to join as a team, this is one way to get that accomplished.

Perhaps you and your buddy would like to form a team and can't find the third person, then post here and let people know... it just might get someone to volunteer to join your team.

Please note, you do not have to be an experienced shooter to join a team... this is just for FUN. If the three of you get to be friends and things are cool, keep the team going over the several matches that you attend and route each other on to get better and bring both individual scores and team score down. Teams that shoot together help each other with tips and share information and knowledge as they shoot the match together or via email/forum discussion.

The teams that have been established such as Team Sidearmor, Team Carver, Team Shooters Paradise, Team Pistol People, and a bunch of others will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

C'mon... post here with your desire to join a team... state what Categories you plan on shooting in Statesville (Am/Civ, Guardian or Master Stock) and let people know you are available for a team!

Take care and have fun!

2. Clem

Clem

I commend Frank for taking the time to make the above post. Being on a team does add to the enjoyment of the GSSF matches. I urge all GSSF shooters, beginner or veteran, to try & form a team for their next match. There's no extra charge & your name appears in the standings an extra time so you can show off to your friends! :) :) Give it a try!! Tony.

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Tony - thanks for your support!

GSSF Masters... please form teams to grow participation in the team category... let's hear from the GSSF masters out there... how many GSSF Masters are on Teams and how many are not... is there anything that can be done to increase MS Team entries?

Data below from the last handful of matches:

Nashua: 7 AC teams, 6 AG teams, 1 MS team
    Topton: 9 AC teams, 3 AG teams, 1 MS team
    Marietta: 4 AC teams, 2 AG teams, 1 MS team
    St. Paul: 6 AC team, 2 AG teams, 2 MS teams
    Shelton: 4 AC teams, 6 AG teams, 1 MS team
    Greeley: 3 AC teams, 5 AG teams, 2 MS team

4. cmzneb

cmzneb

Do you just fill out the team registration form at the match? Or do you need to mail it in ahead of time?

Thanks!

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hello Cmzneb,

You do not need to mail it ahead of time... I believe GSSF would like you to hand in the team registration form at the match.

You can pick up the form at the registration table and hand it in to the GSSF registration staff at any time during the match.

Thanks to our friends in Florida, there is a printable team registration form at www.gssfonline.com (click on Hot Topics and scroll down to the link "Printable Fill-in Team Sheets!"). You can print this out before you leave and just hand it in.

Regards,
    LG

6. cmzneb

cmzneb

Thanks!

Your post was very helpful here. I hadn't really considered this before. We are putting together a team for Hallsville MO now.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

CM,

Great. All you need is three shooters and a name.;)

8. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

LoveGlocks (Great Post) ;?

Come on folks this is a great way to add more fun to your shooting experiance. Form a team, pick a name and shoot the match fill out the online printable form and had it in at the match. What more could you as for?

I no when I was asked to shoot for a team it sure made me try just that much harder to do my very best. (which is far from great)

The best part of being on a team is all the new friends you get to meet.

Give it a try!

Pharaoh;f

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi Pharaoh,

I agree with you whole-heartedly... being on a team gives me the added incentive to stay focused and shoot well so that I don't let my teammates down.

The friends that I have made by being on a team has added to the enjoyment of GSSF matches.

Also, the comraderie betw. other teams such as Team Carver Mounts, Team Shooter's Paradise has been great.

LG