Teacher worried parents will find out what he's teaching their kids

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by BlueBacker, Aug 9, 2020.

1. BlueBacker

BlueBacker Previously BengalBacker

2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

How else are we going to switch to communism if not taught in the schools?

3. BlueBacker

BlueBacker Previously BengalBacker

Every classroom should have a live webcam that parents can access 24/7. Technology is cheap enough now that it could easily be done.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Left-wing radicals have been going into education careers since long before I was born. Gives them summers off to smoke dope and protest and lets them indoctrinate future leftists. There is no more effective was to convince people ridiculous ideas are true, than to teach them early.

5. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

My favorite thing was when I was in high school all the teachers telling us how hard college is. Then proceeding to become an adult and realize educators are giant children that have 0 concept of how the world works. The ones that do know how it works are few and far between and they have quite the uphill battle to deal with

6. HarlDane

HarlDane

I know a few teachers, they are good people and most at least lean conservative (the one's I know that is). But none of them have any real concept of hard work or just getting things done, right now with what's available. Like most other public employees they want to discuss everything in great detail, set meetings and agendas, form committees, etc. The really good ones aren't too bad, but have still been affected by too many years in the public sector.

Willard and mike from st pe like this.
  7. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

.....................realize educators are giant children that have 0 concept of how the world works.

I worked an entire career (40+ quarters) before becoming a teacher. I worked for major corporations, lived and worked all over the center of the US.

I worked two jobs and earned a Masters Degree while teaching, then finished 23 years in two states serving as a teacher.

Where the Hxll did you get your information? I've known a lot of teachers and NONE of them fit the pattern that you described!

Flash

lazarus66, Dirty bird, B C and 2 others like this.
  8. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

Most people don't think working a job for 10 years is an entire career.

9. spork

spork Caffeinator

There are some brave libertarian and conservative teachers out there working in the midst of insanity (liberalism), even in the big cities. Get out to the rural areas, especially in the South, Midwest, and Southwest, and you will find many teachers who are not liberal. Most of the good teachers I have known were the ones who entered into education as a second career and are bringing wisdom to the role.

Valmet likes this.
  10. ROGER4314

Most people don't think working a job for 10 years is an entire career.

You must have missed that (+) sign. Damned straight, I worked in industry far longer than 10 years, but 40 quarters vested the SS account!

Flash

pittpa likes this.
  11. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

Sorry I did miss the (+) sign. On a side note, I worked my career for 400- quarters.

12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Those who CAN, DO.
    Those who can’t teach.
    Those who can’t teach become Principals.
    Those with no principles become Superintendents.

Told to the class by out new Principal. In most cases I think he was being honest. There are HUGE exceptions. I recall in junior high that the teachers. That teach the same subject, from same outdated books.... STILL couldn’t do the math after Christmas break. If the work didn’t match master key in Teachers addition it was wrong. Never mind my answer was correct. I used to like math. Some I still do. But they (two high school math teachers) succeeded in getting me to not love it anymore.

mike from st pe likes this.
  13. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Easy to spot the good teachers from the bad.

Ask them if they belong to the teacher's union.

Intolerant and BengalBacker like this.
  14. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Teachers have been destroying America for many years. The fruits of their communist labor are in the national spotlight now.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  15. Sechott

Sechott

My X AirNG supervisor has a degree in teaching, (I’m retired since June). He was left leaning in a lot of his thinking. We talked quite a few times about political disagreements. Since Trump has been in office, our conversations have been much more agreeable and he supports Trump now. One conversation I’d like to share. Years ago in the break room the KKK came up in conversation. I told them that out late Senator Byrd, was a high ranked Klansman. They all looked at me like I was stupid. Then one looked it up on Wiki. After that, the group tried to pen me asking, How do you know so much about the KKK?” I just said, “I never voted for him”. Crickets after that.

BengalBacker likes this.
  16. ROGER4314

I worked in industry for decades, became a teacher over some misguided notion that I OWED society for what I did in the past. For 23 years, I put up with hard a$$ kids and foolish Administrators. I didn't retire from teaching, I QUIT and returned to industry.

I was teaching at the local Junior College at night, so I stayed current with Instrumentation and controls. Consequently, that's what I did in industry. My wage immediately DOUBLED, benefits improved, but I worked a lot of hours. I worked with computerized, automated manufacturing.

So, bash TEACHING if you wish. I'll join in, too! I would never recommend teaching as a profession to anyone I cared about. Getting into teaching was a colossal mistake! I would have been much better off drawing a high wage in industry, banking the excess money and retiring on that.

Flash

cheygriz and Sechott like this.
  17. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

For the most part teachers are despicable human beings. Not all but most.

mike from st pe likes this.
  18. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I 100% disagree. Most are good people trying hard to do a good job. That's a pretty harsh statement about a lot of good people.

19. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

The vermin in Congress and public school teachers are two of the most over paid part time jobs in America.