Taylor Swift just went political

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Oct 7, 2018.

1. B C

B C

She wasn't publicly political, so many thought she may be a Trump supporter. Nope. Just another limousine liberal.

She lives in NYC, but gets to vote in Tennessee. I wonder how much the DNC bought her for? Absolutely no way she wrote that herself. It has all the DNC talking points and mentions specifics. So many fallacies in what is written as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BopoXpYnCes/?taken-by=taylorswift

"I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.
    I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.
    So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting!"

72Cheyenne, fx77, michael_b and 3 others like this.
  2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

What a disappointment.

Glockworks, fx77, Bus007 and 8 others like this.

3. HT77

HT77

Another female victim of oppression who is worth over $300 million.

4. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

5. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Hollyweird and trashville suck.

Vote with your wallet.

gatorboy, Glockworks, Bus007 and 9 others like this.
  6. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

A statement of proud ignorance and desperate virtue signaling, practically carbon copied from every other leftist dimwit. I'm sure her thorough and aged experience as a normal person working hard to get by in America has led her to these insightful conclusions.

I'm also pretty sure she was a leftist tool before this, whenever her name came up I always associated it with being a leftist tool.

I hope more leftist celebrities loudly voice their support. It worked so well for them when it came to gun control. And the 2016 election. And Kavanaugh.

7. G29guy06

G29guy06

Yup! Then throw her clothes out the window into the lawn and tell her to get out afterwards...

FullClip, Glockworks, mc1911 and 3 others like this.
  8. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

I couldn’t care less what Taylor “Not So” Swift thinks about politics, nor should anyone else. Maybe this is her way of getting back at Kanye (Ye).

Who knows WHAT’S going on in that empty little head of her’s.

9. G29guy06

G29guy06

On the actual OP...I did note that she speaks of systemic racism towards people of color...I don’t see that anywhere I look so I wonder if she projects her own bias onto others? Maybe she should tell us how many black or brown people work serving her, cleaning her home, doing her laundry, cooking for her, etc

10. B C

B C

Her parents were wealthy when she was growing up. So she has always been oppressed.

NMG26, FullClip, Glockworks and 6 others like this.
  11. B C

B C

These are written by the same people Swift thinks are against racism and "discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender"

sI7_qeJOkXksot3gZJT0Paaa0w9lIzn4hz31AVlveNQ.jpg

12. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

She's out of the country so she feels safe. Now she's just another liberal ho.

Glockworks and B C like this.
  13. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Who the hell is Taylor Swift?

14. MFC4

MFC4 Civil Liberties Matter

no.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  15. spork

spork Caffeinator

Well, that is a disappointment. I mean, I don't listen to her music, but I had taken her lack of overt virtue signaling in the past to be a positive sign.

Glockworks likes this.
  16. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Anyone vapid and mentally weak enough to have her vote swayed solely by an overprivileged singer regurgitating leftist slogans isn't a Republican voter to start with.

17. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

"...Huh...Your not afraid to catch the cancer Liberalism from me?"
    [​IMG]

18. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Disappointing, but not surprising.

fx77, nursetim, Fred Hansen and 3 others like this.
  19. rayzer007

rayzer007

The best protest for her would be to join her friend Miley as a citizen of the United Kingdom.

20. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

She's still jealous of Kim Kardashian , Swift like Madonna no talent bilked their millions out of airhead teens ! Now won'ts to join the less destroy America together movements , She should lose every dime she's stolen with her no talent fraud !

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018