close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taxidermy-Picked up my Trophy Tonight

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by johnbob, Dec 4, 2002.

1. johnbob

johnbob Millennium Member

It's finally in my posession and on my shelf now! I had a very good local taxidermist mount a unique trophy for me- a snipe! I imagine that I will get ton's of jokes about it but they are a truly special bird and a very agile target. The funny part to me is when I contacted him about the possibility of having it mounted he said that this would be his second one mounted, that the very first paid for mounted bird he did was a snipe. It's not an easy bird to work with as the feathers are quite delicate and the bill is long and fragile. Even among the serious bird hunters I'm acquainted with very few know what a snipe looks like or have ever bagged one. I hope to educate them with the mount and possibly use it in YHEC contests in the wildlife identification stage. To those unbelievers ou there before you reply look up Wilson's or common snipe on the web.

2. stubby

stubby

Johnbob,

Do you have any pictures?

Stubby

3. johnbob

johnbob Millennium Member

No, unfortunately I don't have picture capability. If I can round up a camera from a friend I will try.

4. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

snipe hunting is fun sport. although the shot you go through after a days hunt is usually more than the weight of the birds :)