close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tax Rant!!! Join In!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M&P15T, Apr 17, 2012.

1. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Jesus H. Tap-Dancin' Keyrist!!!!

What an ever lovin' cluster-flop THAT was!!!:steamed::steamed:

I've been using Taxact online for a few years now, so I figured all would be easy and nice.

WRONG!!!!!

That stupid soft-ware could NOT figure out my taxes due to the fact that I had moved from Michigan to Virginia. It summed-up my income completely incorrectly.....adding some to the wrong state, doubling the income in the other state, screwing up the whole thing. I quadruple checked to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong, and the checked again.

So, I get on the phone to get some help.....guess what I'm told? Too busy right now, try calling back in a half an hour.....friggin' THREE TIMES!!!

So I switched to turbotax online and got it done in an hour, after I tried for hours to get it done with Taxact. 6 total hours trying to finish my taxes....some "day off" this was.

All righty, I'm done venting.

Everyone else should use this thread to vent too. I can't be the only last-minute tax prepper here!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

The only thing I can say about taxes is that every year that I do taxes, and pay more due to increases in my salary, my political leanings move more and more and more and more to the right.

I think that says a lot about how I feel about taxes and where that money goes.

3. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Taxbrain has done me right for 6 years.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

It's always a good idea to wait til tax day to see how your tax filling program works.

5. mingaa

mingaa

No wonder it's so quiet around here!!

This is the first year that I did mine early (and bought a gun with half of my / our returns). The sun is shining, think I'll mow the lawn, then head to the gym for a swim, then have a beer, then fire up the grill while I have another beer.....

6. johnd

johnd

Theres plenty to rant about with the IRS. Ive lived in countries where the government ruled at the end of an Ak47 but here the IRS are worse than that. There, you could hide stuff, here they are into everything and no one EVER checks their "honesty".
    There you knew they wanted your stuff, here they take your stuff remotely.

7. The Hawk

The Hawk

Same here. I sent the IRS a check for $2400 this year, on top of what we had taken out of each paycheck. Same thing happened last year, so we had an extra $100 taken out of each paycheck, hoping to avoid this. I am confused when I hear folks saying they got a huge refund. News report said average refund is around $2000. I'm happy for those that got refunds. I hurts to pay an amount close to what the average refund is. Oh well, I have my health and life is good.

8. Knighj1

Knighj1

Bawahahahhahaha

9. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I don't have my W2s or 1099s. Any of them. By some lovely combination of events, all my my records have been lost. I am going to have to contact my various employers and ask them to send me copies. That's bad. I can't even remember all the places I worked to know who I should be asking. That's worse.

But with modern technology, that shouldn't be a problem. I should be logging onto an IRS website and clicking a button that says "yes, all the information that was reported for my SSN is correct" and another that says "I have no other income to report"
    and then THAT SHOULD BE IT. There are problems and expenses with a system like that, but there are more problems and expenses with the current pile of crap.

Ever tried calling the IRS about a problem? Every person I've had has been as helpful as they can be, but their systems work as hard as they can to be as obtuse and aggravating as they can be. Systems that want look me up by asking me to input the very information I called to find out.

The people responsible for the code are malfeasants, as are the people responsible for the implementation.

10. Robalero

Robalero Texican

I sent off my check today, yeh, it was over two thousand dollars. I worked on and figured my tax back in February and waited until today to pay them. I figure, what the heck, it's really my money and I'll give it to the IRS when I'm good and ready (as long as it's legal).

But on another note, I am happy to pay taxes. I have a good life, a wonderful home, a beautiful wife, some phenomenal sons, and a great life (oh and please note that our lives are far from perfect). I drive a beautiful four by four pickup, my wife also drives a beautiful vehicle, I own more than a couple of Glocks and I wish there were enough hunting days for all of the shotguns I own. We enjoy the highest standard of living that any generation of any civiliztion has ever lived, and more than that I am proud to be an American. I make a pretty decent living and I know there are many, many others who are worse off than I am. One of my four sons already owns a home, another is on the verge of getting an MPA, the third is also in graduate school, my fourth; well, we all know about that one son/daughter, sibling or uncle who takes his time to get where he needs to. Yeh, I wish I didn't have to pay, but this is my country and regardless of who is President, or what political party is in control, or how much I disagree with the policies being jammed down our throat, I still love my country and I do not mind paying my taxes.

Just my thoughts. . . . sometimes we get so bogged down, we don't see the good in our lives, in our circumstances, in our families, and in our community.

11. RedTop

RedTop

Just helping you out. :wavey:

12. Naelbis

Naelbis

I did my taxes in January...easy as pie when you do them early enough...

13. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. carloglock19

carloglock19

I paid them last night and I've never seen a payment get processed so fast! So yeah Tax Rant here.......Tax time makes me cringe! :crying:

15. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

did mine last Thursday night thinking my city wouldn't push the date back like every other year. But they did. I still ended up owing them $41 on top of what I already had taken out on top of the taxes i paid in the city i worked in.

I always get a Federal & State refund, but nothing like the national average. Getting $700 from Feds and $400 from Ohio.