Taurus PT709 Slim,Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glocker08, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Glocker08

Glocker08

Taurus PT709 Slim.Thoughts ?

2. CBennett

CBennett

do a search TONS of recent threads on just this gun..Thoughts. If you get a good one its a great gun. Just hope you get a good one..they SEEM to be getting BETTER reliability/kinks worked out on the more recent ones the early ones..id not bother with. I have a feeling because I will seemingly never be able to afford a HKP7 end up with just this gun(Taurus 709..or possibly a PT140) to replace the Glock 23 with for CC duties.

3. bcmclane

bcmclane

My thoughts are I like it, but I like my PM9 much more. I freakin LOVE the PM9. Hands down best CC gun IMHO.

4. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

I saw a few dealers carrying them at the show this past weekend and got to handle a couple of them. If I were in the market for this class of weapon, I'd definitely give it a good hard look. They seem to be very well built and would definitely be very easy to conceal. I haven't gotten to shoot one and I suspect one would have to purchase one in order to be able to shoot it, so it'd be up to you whether you wanted to take that risk. From what I saw though, they look like a good deal.

5. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

6. glock-fan

glock-fan

I tought it was a good one, and everyone sayd it was reliabable..but the trigger pull sucks,,,too way much overtravel. It jams a lot even with different ammo, it has falilures to feed to eject at 80%.
    I took it twice to the range and return it to the dealer, he offer me to send it back to Taurus but I choose to get my money back. It did not last a month.

good luck.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. glock-fan

glock-fan

8. neby98

neby98

Sent mine back this morning. Failure to eject once a mag.