close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus PT 24/7 Pro Pistol Video Presentation

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Mar 6, 2006.

1. isuzu

isuzu

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

That's a useful feature that allows the shooter to make a second attempt to ingite the primer of a stubborn round. Of course, others would say that it's easier to rack the slide and eject the bad round. To each his own :)

I was amused by the rest of the video when the narrator was criticizing Glock and Walther for not having some of the features that the Taurus 24/7 has. American advertisements are much more brutally frank than their Pinoy counterparts.

3. mirko128

mirko128

Thanks for the link isuzu.

Didn't know they were coming up with the 24/7 PRO in SA/DA.

Their website lists it at $485, same as the non-pro version. The plain 24/7 retails here at 28.5K PHP, not bad.

When it comes to the .45 it's a serious alternative to Glock, with it being much more compact, and hence more concealable, than the G21. And it's just 1 round less in capacity but at least 10K cheaper.

I wonder how its grip size compares to the G21...

4. atmarcella

atmarcella

back in 82' when we were there on vacation the coke add's were being compared to pepsi in taste test... i was surprised cos back home it was brand X;f

5. vega

vega

Better, for me.

vega

6. RATRAT

RATRAT

Hope somebody do a torture test to the 24/7...like the ptoma torture test for the glock .40 curious lang ako what will be the results..pro ang galing nung shooter..ang tunog teng teng tenge 1.2 sec...laging outside safety issue sa glock ,they make it look its an unsafe gun!!...Madami bang documented incidents ng accidental firing sa glock in proportion sa dami ng units produced??? kasi baka masyado lang na sese senasationalise and accidental firing sa glock kasi its a popular gun?? Me ganitong comaparison na ba to merit this allegattions..for example no. of units produced in 10 years to the no .of comfirmed accidental firings,get the ratio ..then make a chart for all popular guns in the market!!....just a thought

Good day to all Bog's!! ;D

---------------------------------
    "Be afraid of no man,
    No matter what size.
    When trouble threatens, call on me,
    For I shall equalize”– Glock 17

7. isuzu

isuzu

Got to try one of the first 24/7s in the Philippines just before we left. It's surprisingly comfortable. The trigger felt weird (because I was used to the Glock trigger pull then), but I guess you'll also get used to Taurus' trigger pull once you've used it long enough.

8. mirko128

mirko128

It should be the other way around, it's the Glock trigger that feels weird :) if it's your first time to try it. I'm also used to the Glock so every other trigger feels weird to me too hehe.

And this PRO version has single action/double action, so it should be much better than the DAO you've tried before you left.

The DAO is long and heavy. If you don't do enough dry-firing, you probably won't survive 200 rounds in the range ;f

How will the grip size be smaller than the G21's? Maybe the smaller metal magazine? Or maybe a smaller backstrap area (eto yung malapad sa g21 eh).

9. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

bro, di na problem ng gun yun, it wont go off by itself, the best safety is always located in the middle of our ears.