Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the gun smithing forum, but got little response so here goes-
Any of you ever try building up the front sight on your fixed sight six shooter?
To keep this in the reloading genre, I did try lighter bullets in my loads, and this helped but not enough. This gun is a .45 Colt.
The Gaucho is not really worth spending big $ on, so I am thinking about trying epoxy putty to see it if works. I don't holster this pistol so that isn't a problem.

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
I'm fairly confident the epoxy and some sanding will get you the poi result you're looking for, but it might be a little ugly.

Is it stainless? Can you file down the tops and / or the gutter on the rear and pretty it up with some sandpaper? If it's blued, is it too much of a hassle to re-blue? That's really the only other option I can think of.

:dunno:

·
Registered
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm fairly confident the epoxy and some sanding will get you the poi result you're looking for, but it might be a little ugly.

Is it stainless? Can you file down the tops and / or the gutter on the rear and pretty it up with some sandpaper? If it's blued, is it too much of a hassle to re-blue? That's really the only other option I can think of.

:dunno:
I watched a video where a guy used Locktite Epoxy putty to build up the sight.
I also heard that this type of "fix" probably won't last if you holster the gun much.
Think I will give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts