Taurus G2 Blues ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PattonWasRight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. J_Rico

J_Rico

I can not speak for PWR, but I'll tell you why I did

Been shooting for 45yrs, owned guns for 40yrs.

So, I would say I am a 'seasoned shooter'. I bought a Taurus G2C out of curiosity and because of the restrike option.

Never owned a Taurus before. Read a lot about the G2C. Was not much of a money risk and I try to keep an open mind. So far it has functioned fine.

Also wanted a dry fire vehicle where I did not have to rack the slide each shot. The G2C has been great for that.

That is why I did. Been a fine experience so far but to be fair I have not had to deal with CS.

2. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Ha! Good way to state it!

Right, and they've had a cycle of new CEOs that all state the same "turning it around" quality wise, with little to no change, then a new CEO. I'm a big Ruger fan, couldn't agree with you more. It is weird that the USA rep said they inspect and test the guns that come in. Puts it on the table that the factory in Brazil is the problem. Would be super interesting to find out if USA made guns have a whole different story to tell quality wise. I do believe part of the knee-jerk non fixes they had on my gun is simply due to the volume of issues/returns.

Gray_Rider and J_Rico like this.

3. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Good point on the dry fire capability.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  4. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Unimaginable.

But I guess not the case with Taurus.

If you own a Taurus. Enjoy it. Please brothers, do not rely on it for self defense.

If you have 1,000s of trouble free rounds, great. But don't bet on it not breaking.

This is the G3c I recv'd in replacement for my problem child gun. I'm sure you can figure out what that broken piece of metal on the left is. Got one round off. Second round, jam. Case still inside extractor. Third round I saw what had happened.

IMG_20200805_105857953.jpg

IMG_20200805_105735744.jpg

evlbruce likes this.
  5. Intolerant

Intolerant

Holy christ PWR, this is nuts man, dump the junk.
    By a Glock or a S&W M&P, problem solved.

EDIT:
    Looks like the ejector broke off...?

PattonWasRight likes this.
  6. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Whoa! Okay. We give you permission. You may swear and use all your dirty words. You have been patient for long enough!!!

Sorry for your woes. This saga has taken a lot of interesting turns, but this latest twist is a real kick in the teeth! Perhaps the "US QC" to double-check the "Brazilian QC" needs to be a wee bit more stringent...

7. bac1023

bac1023

I’m not surprised, sorry to say.

Too many mainstream pistols available for not a whole lot more to waste time with these jokers.

8. grumpy1

grumpy1

What a POS. BTW you might want to edit your thread title to be G2 and now G3 blues..... :(:(

9. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I'm sorry for your pain.

On the brighter side, this means they will send you another new pistol? Perhaps you can talk to them about changing the model since they obviously have a consistent flaw that is not a one off.

10. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Correct, I looked down and thought ... "That can't be from my gun." Well, so much for wishful thinking. I have other handgun options, but I do appreciate your concern!

Whelp, here the guy said it's 6-8 weeks as they QC Brazil then turn loose, and then I get mine in just a few days. Maybe think mine wasn't checked. Apparently I'm right. But not that you would magnaflux check a stupid simple part like an ejector.

I've accepted my role as a Martyr for Taurus I guess? But like I stated, if you want to use a Taurus for a range / practice / dry fire gun, go for it. Just don't expect it to be there for you for its intended SD role.

I will, good idea. They earned it. I tried to see where / how I can do that (more options) but don't see how to do, any help is appreciated.

That's a bit of a problem, as this one failed in a new way. After seeing this handgun I am 100% sure the breech face was too wide / machined out of spec in the first gun as sooo little of the extractor made contact with the case rim. On this gun, same slide basically, the case was held firm with good contact by the extractor and very little side to side play of the cartridge within the breech.

This gun just freakin' sheared off its ejector.

Not sure what I want at this point. Money back sounds good. They don't do that so I like the sound of the challenge.

11. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

Taurus pistols are like the guy who used to beat his girlfriends, but now claims to have found Jesus.

You want to believe in redemption, but it's a different story when he starts dating your daughter.

MD357, Intolerant, grumpy1 and 2 others like this.
  12. grumpy1

grumpy1

Apparently you can't edit a title after a certain period of time but you can request a mod to do it.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/how-does-one-edit-thread-title.1843598/

You would be doing a public service to share your experience and pictures in one of the Taurus G3C threads but I can't guarantee you won't get any death threats.

13. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

OMG, what a priceless gem of a comment!!!!

PERFECT analogy.

Mind if I plagiarize this?!

Pennsyltucky likes this.
  14. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

Feel free. :flag:

15. evlbruce

evlbruce

Got to say if had your experience, I'd steer clear of Taurus.

16. J_Rico

J_Rico

Wow. Just wow.

Are you going to continue to try and work with Taurus CS? No one could blame you for walking away.

Wow.

17. pgg00

pgg00

18. illrooster132

illrooster132

I would like to skip this one . everyone has answer the problem already. I'll pass for now.

19. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

I must be into the self abuse thing?

I know. Well, I still am curious how the organization is equipped to deal with this much of a FUBAR. I do know if they want me to send the gun in to have it fixed by their "techs" and then sent back, I think I'll just ask for my money back. Plus cost of 2 boxes ammo. Plus cost of three range sessions. Either that of have the gun completely calipered and MPI'd. I doubt either one of those is likely to occur.

You are a man of few but effective words.

grumpy1 and pgg00 like this.
  20. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Sooo .... two Taurus reps called me today.

The gun is already with FedEx on way back. Told them I didn't understand why told 6-8 weeks for QA and then I get the gun in a few days. Said not to send it back to me with only service tech note of "replaced ejector." Told them I have proven with earlier gun they don't read notes and simply throw likely suspect parts at the gun.

Said I required a personal note from the service tech supervisor as to what the cause of the break was, what was done and checked to ensure it's not some other spec/alignment as the culprit. I don't think that will happen. I said if I recv'd the gun back without detailed explanation / double checking that I would be dead to Taurus. Said if I recv'd another replacement gun it will need to have an equivalent personal letter showing QA evaluation by the supervisor of the service dept. I said I recognize this sounds unreasonable, but give the past, it's not, and if people within an organization don't feel the customer's pain, then nothing will change.

Stated I wanted reimbursement for wasted ammo & range fees. They would not do but will provide a free magazine. Depending on how this latest chapter goes, could be like mammaries on a bull. We'll see. They said will have some extra rush status but depending how things go / drag on I may just ask for my money back and put in a complaint with the BBB, for whatever that's worth.

That's a very long winded way of me just saying ... "Can you believe this $hit?"

pgg00, boilergonzo and Intolerant like this.