Taurus G2 Blues ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PattonWasRight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. garya1961

garya1961

"I know Taurus is junk because I heard so on the internet".

GlockFan7 and Gray_Rider like this.
  2. MD357

MD357

"I know Taurus is as reliable as Glock because my cousin said so."

3. garya1961

garya1961

Never said Taurus was as good as Glock.

4. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

I know the Taurus G2C is good gun because I have one. Mine works. Other's might not work, but mine does. And that's all what matters. :)

Nucflash, garya1961 and Gray_Rider like this.
  5. bac1023

bac1023

Taurus has always been hit or miss.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Owned one, it was junk. (a 709 Slim)

7. garya1961

garya1961

Deleted.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

MD357 likes this.
  9. garya1961

garya1961

And what does this prove? I can take a file and make any gun in your safe do the same thing. Without knowing the history of this particular gun it means nothing.

Have you ever owned any other gun with a problem, and if so were they all junk too?

10. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Well Gary, if you did some Googling on your own and actually decided to read up on the company you are lobbying so hard for, you would know what that video proves. As it stands now, there are countless news articles and stories about Taurus quality. If you want to ignore them and enjoy the Kool-Aid, be my guest.

You really should be more careful about who you choose to advocate for as it is a direct reflection on you.

J.R. Bob Dobbs likes this.
  11. garya1961

garya1961

Wow, so I'm just low class trailer park trash because I say Taurus doesn't get a fair shake around here, ok.
    Your video still doesn't prove anything.

12. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how Patton's troubleshooting turns out!

Heck, I may not want a Chevy Vega (my family had one when I was a kid, and I don't want to experience it again!). I know how bad our rusty one was. But if my neighbor found an old one and had it in his shop fixing it up, that is still great! I don't have to compare it to a Yugo (or other car with low perceived value), bash it, and harass him about it. I can just grab a beer and wander over to get an update on his work, and watch him enjoy the process! Chevy Vegas sell for $10-25k at auction now. I can (and do!) scoff, but sometimes there is true value, even if we choose to overlook it!

I don't own a Taurus. Don't want one. But someone else tinkering with one doesn't irk me! If nothing else, we learned how Taurus is managing parts and warranty for this gun!

Gray_Rider likes this.
  13. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Not even worth engaging the haters. I mean I certainly don’t care who hates them. I have glocks, Kahrs and a Taurus. I love all of them and that Taurus was worth every cent of the 200 bones it cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garya1961 likes this.
  14. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Why are you intentionally ignoring the first paragraph I wrote?

Ignoring it does not change the fact that you are being willfully ignorant and ignoring the history of the company and its actions. And I never even hinted at "trailer park trash". That sounds more like your own insecurities surfacing.

If you know the context of that video, it proves plenty, which has already been reported extensively in the press. Simply because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't prove anything.

15. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Oiy vey

I think this horse has been beaten to death guys

Generally, the current / last 2 (?) gens of the G2 have been well reviewed, even torture tested with positive results

Hey, I paid $400+ when the Smith Wesson Victory came out. Had to send back THREE tines. First there was a seriously chatter mark/damage in the barrel. Should have never left the factory. Second, the slide stopped locking back. Sent it back to me. Not corrected. Sent a third time and they replaced two parts, which corrected the issue. Also, no one was what I would call pleasant or engaging to work with.

I suspect someone farted making my gun, that happens to any company but I'm not going to spend energy convincing one side or the other my views are right and their's are wrong.

garya1961 likes this.
  16. MD357

MD357

There was a class action lawsuit, head on over to Taurusarmed and read all about it. Lots of guys got hosed. Stop the apologizing while you are ahead lol.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/national/...o-file-for-free-return-fix-or-cash-settlement

Nobody is "bashing" anything..... THIS is just why people don't trust them completely.

17. Bradd D

Bradd D

garya1961 likes this.
  18. bac1023

bac1023

They got a fair shake for many years and they failed horribly, so if they don’t at this point, there’s a well earned reason for it.

19. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Update ....

Sooo they still don't have their moving done, and parts are still in crates. I had called about a week earlier and politely said this has been too long of a burden on the customer and they can choose to wait 1 week in hopes they'll be ready to ship, or, if not ready to ship they can pay for a return ship label and it can go to service and Taurus can fix using their parts supply.

Today I got a call that the parts are on their way and for my inconvenience they have notated that my gun's warranty will not be voided, which was a nice, unexpected. Previously they stated that for a customer to purchase and install the extractor & related parts it would void warranty.

Got a tracking number and it's due in 3-5 days

Will update when I get the parts and install and how it functions after the replacement. Will compare old vs new parts to see what I see.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  20. bac1023

bac1023

Good luck with it