Taurus G2 Blues ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PattonWasRight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Hopefully Patton, they will set things right for you. I purchased a G2C back in July but have only around a 150 various rounds through mine so far. A couple FTF due to limp wristing but other than that, no real issues.

I want to do a more through wring out of mine but time, holidays, and Fla. RIGHT TO WORK! (for less), wages have gotten in the way somewhat.

Good luck with your G2C. I hate to hear of trouble with them as almost all my research points to it being a VERY reliable little pistol.

Taurus appears to be trying at least, to reverse their earlier QC/CS issues. I think American manufacturing can be a big plus in that area too. Time will tell.

Others mentioned the Taurus site and the "problems" thread. Might be worth a post there to see if any there have had or have corrected same or similar issues. Those who love their Taurus' love them for a reason, and I have read several long replies to those looking to fix bobbles liken this. Sorry I can't be more help.

I myself have been loading up some on 9mm ammo for storage and the wring out. Will post after I get 3-500 rounds through mine.

Gray

PattonWasRight likes this.
  2. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Thanks Grey Rider. Hope you get some time soon to enjoy yours. I had googled as best I could and searched on the Taurus site as well. Didn't post there as just not up to add another gun forum to my collection/workload! As far as I'm concerned, I've identified the problem and am going to climb along the logic tree from here.

3. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

GREAT! I myself am NOT mechanically minded, and tools tend to work fine for others. Me however, not so much.

I usually have to hire a pro even for smaller things. Not worth the hassle and profanity and still no fix.

Here's hoping you can outwit the Gremilins, as I love my G2C so far.

Gray

4. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Shield

5. nmglock

nmglock

I would throw it in a lake or river.

6. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

I want a dog just like your avatar. Look how perfect his color breaks are. Post a full size pic?

7. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Love my g2c it’s been great just like 99% of all reviews of the gun I have read. Love the haters though. I’m sure glock, Smith, etc never made a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nucflash and Gray_Rider like this.
  8. garya1961

garya1961

Kind of off subject but I had a black friend who grew up during segregation. He had the prettiest handwriting of anyone I have ever known. I asked him about it and he told me he once said to his teacher his writing was as good as any white person. The teacher told him that's not good enough you have to be better than they are.
    Kind of reminds me of Taurus they can't be just as good.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  9. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

You are correct but they are in a different world as far as price goes to most of the major players. Worth 200 bucks. Every cent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray_Rider likes this.
  10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Never had any problems with mine so I can’t compare. With those issues I would have sent it back to Taurus for repair.

Nucflash likes this.
  11. bac1023

bac1023

They aren’t though. That’s the problem.

12. garya1961

garya1961

There are a lot of Taurus guns out there that never had a problem but if one malfunctions they are all junk. There are a many Glocks that have malfunctioned even a lot of Kabooms but they are still held as the gold standard.
    I'm not saying Taurus is better or even as good as Glock, just that they aren't given an even chance.

Nucflash likes this.
  13. bac1023

bac1023

Well it likely has something to do with decades of HORRIBLE quality control and abysmal customer service.

14. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I would call Taurus...explain exactly what the symptoms are...offer to send the photos to them and see if they won't issue a call-tag...that would save you the shipping...it's worth a phone call

Gray_Rider and garya1961 like this.
  15. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

I'm okay with keeping this thread productive for an oddball Taurus issue

I'll update when I get the replacement parts in

Plenty of other threads available to bash Taurus

45caldan, Gray_Rider and Berto like this.
  16. MD357

MD357

Taurus has YEARS of garbage platforms so it's going to take awhile for people to trust them in general. The only thing they really didn't screw up before the G2/3 series were the PT92 and 99s. I would say revolvers but they turned those into garbage too. Couple that with a CS that's non existent. In which they seem to be doing "better" in that dept but still have. a ways to go.

If Taurus puts out a good platform, given their history, that's the exception. If Glock puts out a platform, and it's garbage, that's the exception. That's the difference between the two.

This isn't bashing, this is just the reality of the history.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    cowboy1964, bac1023 and Johnnyvegas like this.
  17. garya1961

garya1961

Stuff like this is what I'm talking about. How many Taurus guns have you owned that turned out to be junk? I currently own 4 and they all work as they should. I have a snub nose 38, a PT1911, a TX22 and a G2c 40 call. I had a chance to buy a PT845 and passed, now I wish I had bought it. I have a cousin who is a Taurus fan and he says he has never had a problem with any of them that he has owned over the years
    I'm not saying bad ones aren't out there but most people bashing Taurus has never owned one much less a problem one.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  18. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

19. MD357

MD357

Anecdotes are fun and the cliches of "YoU'Ve NeVeR oWnED oNE!" are tired. Well your assumption is wrong. I own a G2C and it works, but I'm not delusional about what the company is and it's history. Over the years, I've seen several Taurus guns that didn't run right and owned a 24/7 that was garbage. Their revolvers.... seen several fail..... their 1911s are garbage... I remember when the first PT1911s came out. 2 out of the first 3 at my local shop went back, that goofy hammer lock turned them into a single shot. I was going to buy one for chits and giggles. I did the same thing with the G2 and it worked out. Looked at the TX22 as a suppressor host, seems they have concentric bore issues and a guy on Taurus armed posted pics. Taurus had a bad batch of barrels and they weren't going to be able to fix them for several weeks.

Again, just clarifying the difference between why people perceive Glock with a higher regard.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  20. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw