Taurus G2 Blues ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PattonWasRight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bradd D

Bradd D

Glock has the MOS and Taurus has the POS.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah it sounds exhausting.

What a joke

PattonWasRight likes this.

3. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

It's so bizarre makes you think it's made up. Or a bad dream or something.

Gray_Rider and Intolerant like this.
  4. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

When I ordered my holosun 507k I actually thought before I hit complete purchase....I could get a g3c for this price just to have another pistol. I’m glad I ordered the optic. That being said I’m sure many will own and love the g3c just like the g2c. They seem to have a cult like following for some reason.

Sorry for your troubles brother. Hopefully they do the right thing and give you a full refund.

Gray_Rider and Intolerant like this.
  5. Intolerant

Intolerant

Well played sir! :animlol:

6. Intolerant

Intolerant

You`re a very patient person PWR. I can understand one breakage, but what you`ve been thru, i would have told them that a refund is the only thing i want from them after this fiasco. Only took one time for me buying a taurus, next day it went back. That sealed the deal for me. Never again. Its Glock or M&P, or nothing, for me. I wish you all the luck in the world to get this resolved.

PattonWasRight and Gray_Rider like this.
  7. jhc37013

jhc37013

No your story is very believable if you go to ranges a lot or have many friends or family who buy guns then you know the story of Taurus and sorry about your troubles but it is fairly typical or rather I guess I should say it is not rare.

My brother in law new to guns bought a G2c and he shot it well enough and he just loved that gun and swore by it. It took about 6 range trips and right at the 1,000rd fired and his trigger spring broke. He calls Taurus and they admit the turn around will be 2 or 3 months, keep in mind this is pre-covid as well so I could not imagine dealing with them now. Anyways I'm at the range 3 times a week sometimes more and I see problems with Taurus handguns on the range frequently, malfunctions, broken parts and horror stories about their CS similar to the OP story.

Taurus should either get all the way in or just get out so people spend their money on something that at least will work. This day and age with modern tooling and materials their is no reason they can't produce a gun that will reliably function, how do they have such poor metal that springs and parts break so frequently it baffles the mind.

pgg00, PattonWasRight and grumpy1 like this.
  8. seang23or32

seang23or32

If it were me when the G3 came to my FFL I would have seen what they would give me for a trade on it before firing one shot. You could have passed off a brand new pistol without the guilt of flicking a known booger at someone and saved another round of headache dealing with their CS. It is a shame, I actually like the way some of their revolvers look but can't bring myself to take a chance on buying one.

9. bac1023

bac1023

You’ll get very little for a used Taurus in trade, unfired or not. They just hold no value.

10. MD357

MD357

Fawking great lol.... I had to loan my old G2 to someone, so I bought a G3 and G3c to replace it as lake/truck/tackle box guns. Due to the covid gun run, no more cheap LE Glock and M&P trade ins. Will report back if I have any issues.

Gray_Rider and PattonWasRight like this.
  11. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Ha! Well played, Guy (Fawkes). We shall now see if the G3c is part of a failed or successful Gunpowder Plot, Part II.

12. seang23or32

seang23or32

I know he would have taken a bath on it trading it in but for me it would be better to get what I could rather than screw around with Taurus CS for another year to get a working pistol. I have a funny feeling that he will not get a full refund on the pistol from Taurus at least not this year.

13. Bradd D

Bradd D

Where are the apologists that show up in every other Taurus thread?

14. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Thanks, it sure is a working exercise in people skills. Honestly, I feel they need me to diplomatically critique all the cracks and gaps in their processes and products.

I'm sort of a 'no charge" consultant at this point??

One does wonder what the story is at their Brazilian factories, and QC expectations/implementations with their suppliers.

I hear your point, it's just that I wouldn't sell this gun to anyone. I'd feel like a bad person. I'd take it apart and bury the pieces in the yard.

I am sort of thinking their 8 shot 22 mag revolver. I may go for that. My thought is how much can go wrong, but hey, one never knows

Take it to the range all you want. Please don't carry it, use it for HD. The nature of that part failure means it could happen anytime. No real good way other than MPI to confirm integrity of metal.

Please expand on "Gunpowder Plot"

You have psychic abilities! It is crazy that I'm a year into this soap opera

LoL!

Best comment of this thread?!

Intolerant likes this.
  15. bac1023

bac1023

They ran for the hills...

16. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

LoL, I guess so.

That was a good observation by Brad D. Usually a fair number of defenders weigh in. I'm sure many have read this thread. I guess it's just the detached, fact-by-fact, nature of the thread that hamstrings the dogmatic, blindly positive retorts

I'm sure there are many reliable Taurus guns out there. My frustration is how can you tell? How many have pounded out 3k, 5k rounds with 0 breakage like a Glock or others?

boilergonzo likes this.
  17. bac1023

bac1023

I don’t think most people run them hard anyway. Having said that, I think most QC issues with Taurus show themselves very quickly.

grumpy1 likes this.
  18. bac1023

bac1023

The sad part is that the G2/G3 are actually some of Taurus’ best pistols. These suffer from terrible QC only.

Some other Taurus pistols don’t even have a chance due to terrible designs.

19. chev1958

chev1958

I'm not a Taurus apologist, but I own a G2 (actually, it's my wife's). We've had no problems with it, but it hasn't been put through the paces like my Glocks have.

After reading this continuing saga, we may be shopping for something else real soon.

20. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Thank you for your level headed and effective summary.