Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 (pics)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Jakemug, Mar 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jakemug

Jakemug

I've posted on this and other forums a few times regarding this pistol, but never started my own thread. After owning it for a couple of months and putting about 600 rounds through it, it's become my favorite. Never woulda thunk it, a Taurus? Bought it on impulse since it was on sale at a local sporting goods store and I needed a .40 to play with.

I'm more accurate with it than any other auto I've shot, minus my Beretta
    92fs which is a tie for me. Last weekend I was consistently hitting a 20" by 10" steel plate at 50 yards. I couldn't even see the plate when aiming, just covered it with the front sight. Plus, it's never had a single malfunction with all kinds of ammo.

Minor mods include the TLR-1 light and bicycle inner tube grip. Currently on night stand duty with 180 grain hollow points.

Please comment with your Taurus 24/7 or other model stories. What a great gun from a manufacturer with such an odd reputation. Some folks really bash them, and they're widely considered a "second rate" gun company just from what I've read. Interested to hear from you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. ubersoldat

ubersoldat

How is the trigger on the 40 pro?
    I know a good friend has the 24-7 in 9mm, and I cant stand that trigger, but it never has any issues when we shoot, pretty darn reliable..

3. Jakemug

Jakemug

Interesting SA/DA trigger with the ability to get a second strike on a round if you have a light primer strike, or if it just doesn't go off.

When cocked and locked, the SA trigger pull has miles of take up. Once you stage it however, it's really crisp and light. Especially for a sub $400 polymer combat pistol.

You can rack a load and then de-cock it if you want a full DA trigger pull on the first shot. Once you get used to the long take up and trigger reset, it really is a pleasure to shoot. My finger never gets tired and it's light enough that it doesn't negatively impact accuracy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  4. Trey83

Trey83

I had a Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm and it shot ok for me. I later had a problems with it and got rid of it. I am glad to hear you like yours and haven't had any problems with it. I MIGHT give Taurus another try at some point but I'm in no hurry.

5. Jakemug

Jakemug

Sorry to throw this in here, but anybody have any idea why my FNP .45 thread in this forum was just closed?