Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Wally World having done my grocery shopping. I was asked to bring some Ruffles tator chips to a feed I am going to Monday. 4 freakin bucks a bag, where the hell do they get off chargin 4 freakin bucks for a freakin bag of tator chips. 3 freakin bags @ 4 bucks a bag, that's 12 freakin bucks people:upeyes::steamed:

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Peanut oil, potatoes, turkey frier, paring knife, half a day of your life. Seems cheap now doesn't it?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peanut oil, potatoes, turkey frier, paring knife, half a day of your life. Seems cheap now doesn't it?
For the average Joe tator chips are expensive and a pain in the ass to make, but for the tator chip company it's easy:supergrin:

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Yeah, but home made tater chips rock. There is a BBQ joint near here that makes them fresh, to order. Perfect with one of their hamburgers, which take 20 minutes to make. I'm getting hungry, sorry, gotta go out.

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
$4 @ WW? Was that name brand chips like Lays or Ruffles?
Isn't there a off brand or past-pull date type or $dollar$ type of store around your neck of the woods where you can shop cheaper?
Up here, there are several places like that.
When I used to participate in pot luck meals, I would always bring teriyaki chicken wings.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$4 @ WW? Was that name brand chips like Lays or Ruffles?
Isn't there a off brand or past-pull date type or $dollar$ type of store around your neck of the woods where you can shop cheaper?
Up here, there are several places like that.
When I used to participate in pot luck meals, I would always bring teriyaki chicken wings.
It was Ruffles brand, I was asked to pick up that specific brand, and the dollar stores ain't really no cheaper then WW:crying:

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
$12 ... about the price of a decent RibEye on sale. Whats one steak more or less in the scheme of things, eh? :whistling:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up 3 bags of Lays potato chips at Wal-Mart yesterday, and they each cost $1.98
I reckon when your an invited guest you gotta bring what they ask for, to a point anyway:supergrin:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just got back from Wally World having done my grocery shopping. I was asked to bring some Ruffles tator chips to a feed I am going to Monday. 4 freakin bucks a bag, where the hell do they get off chargin 4 freakin bucks for a freakin bag of tator chips. 3 freakin bags @ 4 bucks a bag, that's 12 freakin bucks people:upeyes::steamed:

Yup and the bag is only one third full.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,043 Posts
Potatoe chips are a general rip off.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
I agree!!!! Chips are the most overpriced things in a grocery store!!!! :steamed:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts