close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tasco Red Dot sight

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TrooperDan, Oct 8, 2004.

1. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Has anyone had any experience with the 30 mm Tasco red dot currently available? They also have a 42 mm and I've heard some negatives about that one but several people have posted positive reveiws, at least on Midway's web site they did!

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dan;

I have one of the PDP5SPL 30mm red dots and it works great. It has a 3,6,9,12 moa dot selection instead of the 4,8,12 16 moa that the PDP5CMP has. It also has the same 11 brightness settings. It also mounts with rings instead of the mount being part of the main body. I have used it quite a bit and feel it performs as well as its 45mm big brother just a smaller tube.

3. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Hi Don! I don't think they are still making the model you have, are they? I was looking on Midways's site and they have a PDP3CMP (33 mm tube) for about $100 and a much cheaper one for about $35 that uses a 30 mm tube. The PDP3 has a 10 MOA dot and the other one is a 5 MOA. Here is a link to the cheaper one: http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/535901

4. Clem

Clem

Sounds like someone is building a 34 Unlimited gun (perhaps NAN?!?);) ;) ;) You'll both enjoy it!! Great to see you both in Conyers! Tony

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dan;

Tasco isn't but you may still find one around. I have not used the one you are referring to but have seen it advertised.

6. Clem

Clem

BTW Dan & Nan, to answer your question about the Tascos, the PDP3CMP with the 10 moa dot/30mm tube is great on the plates but the dot is a little large for the distant paper targets. You definitely DO NOT want the $ 35.00 model. The regular PDP3 has a 5 moa dot & 25mm tube and would be much better than the cheaper model. Try to find a shop that has both so you can look at them before you buy. Welcome to the deep end!! Take care & good luck. Tony.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

It's contagious... just hanging around with Parker & then meeting you & Bobby Carver at Hallsville and my 34's infected & already gettin' antsy. Just looks like too much fun not to. ;f

8. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Thanks for the tips guys! Yes, Nan tried Bobby's demo gun at Conyers and she said she thought she could get used to that! I have a 34 that doesn't get shot much and a Carver mount around here somewhere so it isn't much more of a step to put them together.

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Anybody got a Tasco variable dot that they're willing to part with?