close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tasco PDP5 CMP mount parts

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by sportshooter, Jan 29, 2003.

1. sportshooter

sportshooter .com or .info Millennium Member

I have lost the two screws/bolts and the little "clamps" that are needed to mount this scope to a Weaver rail. Actually, a friend who borrowed the scope lost them, but let's not go there...

Since Tasco is belly-up, anyone have an idea where I can get replacement parts? I tried my local gunsmith and he can't help.

TIA...Millard

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ouch, hope someone here can provide help.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Millard;

Per the TASCO Web Site if you need parts during their transition to Bushnell they say you can call 1-305-539-0305 for help. Have you tried this number. They also list a place called "ABO (USA) Inc. at 1-305-860-4858 for assistance.

Let us know what you find out because many of us use TASCO products especially the PDP.

4. sportshooter

So far I have had no luck with the regular number. You get a long recorded message telling you where to send your defective product which is preceded by a "warranty" from ABO referring to what is covered. It is not clear from the message that simple repairs (e.g., non-warranty ones) are supported.

After a couple of calls, all leading to messages, I decided to settle for sending an email to ABO. I'm not hopeful.

Millard

5. sportshooter

The phone number that Don at PC left for me in the Gun Parts forum was different than any of the other ones I had, so I gave it a try.

I was able to order new mounting hardware, I think. A guy took my order (and credit card number) and said it would ship in 10 business days. I hope all of the right parts show up. I'll post back when it happens.

Millard

6. Don At PC

Millard;

The ph# I left in the "Parts & Accessaries" forum is 1-305-539-0305 which is the same as the first number I posted above. I posted 2 numbers in this thread, or am I mis-reading your post?

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

You can also use C-More screws for the ones that are movable. The one that mounts through the body of the scope needs to be a Tasco screw. But you can hold the scope on using just 2 C-More screws and nuts.
    Hope this helps.

8. sportshooter

My bad. When I saw Tasco's home page said "call this number" and "come back later", I didn't bother following their Customer Service link (I figured that is what the number on their home page was for). The Customer Service page does include some additional numbers which you were kind enough to offer up.

Had I followed that link, I'd be where I'm at now, hoping that I'll actually get the right parts.

Millard

9. Don At PC

Millard, no problem. Think possitive I feel sure your parts will arrive ahead of schedule. :cool: :cool: :cool: