close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Target Sights for Glock Model 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SCHunter, Dec 1, 2004.

1. SCHunter

SCHunter

Just wondered what the best aftermarket target sights are for the Glock model 19. Seems like I need to upgrade mainly for 25 yard shots.
    thanks,
    Dan

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I use and recommend Ameriglos. Great sights, and many models can be installed by the consumer with no special "extra" tools. I would be interested in what "Seems like I need to upgrade for 25-yd. shots..." means????

3. Hatton7

Hatton7 GLOCK FAN

I also have the same question? I was thinking heinie maybe?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ameriglo and Race Cut Henies may be the best choices presently avaiable

5. SCHunter

SCHunter

Means that the stock Glock sights are slightly wider than custom target sights, which becomes more of a variable affecting accuracy at 25 yards. Just my thoughts...
    thanks for the reply,
    Dan

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Now we know. Thanks for the edification.

7. SCHunter

SCHunter

Do you have the night sights, or the ones with the white dots?

8. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

I'm a noob but in my mind there are only two types of sights for me. Race cut Heinies (regular or Tritium), and Bomar adjustables from CGR. But I do not carry the gun or use it for combat, law enforcement or self defense. Although I couldn't see how race cut Heinie Tritiums would be a bad thing for LE or SD.

I could totally see how 25 yard shots on a 19 would be more difficult with the standard sight. I often wish for more daylight on the Glock 17 with its longer sight radius. I even considered doing some shaving.

9. SCHunter

SCHunter

Any recommended online store who carries these?
    thanks,
    Dan

10. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

http://www.customglock.com carries the race cut heinies and custom Bomars I'm talking about. I'll be getting either the RC Heinies or the Custom Bomars after christmas. I have to make sure somebody dosn't get them for me first.

Give them a call and ask for some sight advice for your gun. Since I will never carry it for self defense (or even have it available for SD in my house) I'm probably going with the Bomars in case I start screwing with different barrels or crazy ammo loads. If I had a G19 I'd be keeping it available for self defense. I'd go with the Tritium Race Cut Heinies for $130ish. But the non tritiums are also very very nice for about $95.

My only reasoning for keeping a narrow focus on those two type of sights is that I do not have the experience to make my own conclusions about other brands and types of sights for competition use. So I got advice from a bunch of people and it looked like those were the best bets for making a right choice the first time.

11. tact-shooter

tact-shooter

SCHunter, take my advice on this one and order a set of fiber optic saver set sights from Dawson Precision. get the >105 front sight with the heinie rear. I use them for USPSA and I think Dave Sevigny uses Heinie on his guns. www.dawsonprecision.com

12. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Heinies, Race Cut Heinies or Heinies with a Dawson Fiber are the best choices for fixed sights.

Bomars or Dawson Adj are best for adjustables are will be more precise for long range but are not reccomended for carry or dual use guns.

If you have any other questions, call emial or post em here.

13. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

What kind of shooting are you doing at 25 yards? Are you trying to shoot for group size, just trying to keep all your shots "in the black" or are you competing in IDPA, USPSA or GSSF?

I've used a G26 with stock Glock sights in GSSF competition and was able to keep most of the rounds in the A and B zone at 25 yards so the stock sights can do the job if you do your part.

14. SCHunter

SCHunter

I shoot occassionally in the PPC Matches (Police Pistol Competition). I am just trying to tighten up my groups at 25 yards. At 25 yards, my groups are about 8" inches or less shooting free handed using factory ammo in a stock Glock 19. Most of the top shooters are using S&W revolvers shooting double action with wadcutters. Others may use Glocks, 1911's,etc.

15. SCHunter

SCHunter

I was looking at Bomars also since I may have those on my Kimber.
    thanks...

16. SCHunter

SCHunter

Lots of choices on that website.
    thanks...

17. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Where you shooting PPC at?

I used to shoot PPC in the SC law enforcement league.

Anyway...

For your purpose the best sight for you would be the Bomars if your G19 is strictly for range use and competition. If you use the G19 for concealed carry then you'd be better off with a set of Heinie Slant Pros.

However, even with the Bomars you're still going to be at a big disadvantage when you're shooting against guys with six inch custom barrels, Aristocrat sights and Andersom Munitions .38 wadcutters.

18. SCHunter

SCHunter

Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club. I have only shot in four matches a while back and need to get back into it. They have a decent crowd every month at the club. I am not in law enforcement, but am just a casual shooter for fun. With a set of nice target sights on my Glock 19, and possibly a Bar-Sto barrel, I should be more competitive. In the PPC matches, seems like shooting from the hip is the hardest for me.

19. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

For PPC the Bomars or Dawsons would be best, we have both.

20. SCHunter

SCHunter

Is this the right one? "Heinie 315 with CGR Race Cut serrated black SlantPro rear with Dawson .105 Fiber optic front".