close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Target Ammo....

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by akapennypincher, Dec 28, 2002.

1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

2. photo_guy

photo_guy

Yes. I ordered a case of Aguila 124gr 9mm from Proload and had it delevered directly to a class I was taking a few weeks ago. The price was very good and they shipped it with no problem. I'll probably order more from them for my next class.

3. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

That is a good price, but natchezss.com is a little cheaper....at least for 9MM ammo. Natchezss.com's price for a case of S&B 9mm 115 gr FMJ ammo is $101.80. I have yet to find someone who beats their price of $230 for two cases including shipping. If anyone knows a place with S&B ammo even cheaper, I'd love to hear about it.

4. njl

njl

Sportsmansguide.com sells Olympic 124gr 9mm FMJ for about $99/1000 rounds. You can usually find coupon codes to get $5, $10, or even a percentage off, which can work out to just over or under $100/1000 rounds for multiple cases delivered.

5. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

You guy are REAL Bargin Hunters....;Q ;Q

6. njl

njl

I like my money...so when I have to part with some of it, I like to get as much as possible for it.

As long as it's in stock, 9mm 115gr Blazer from Natchezss.com is hard to beat at $97/case (1000 rounds). Same goes for their Blazer in .40s&w 180gr. Other than reloads or Russian steel cased (neither of which have I tried), I haven't found cheaper .40s&w.

7. photo_guy

photo_guy

njl - I like my money too! I actually like 'the thrill of the hunt' trying to find the best item for the lowest cost more than the actual $$.
    As I mentioned before, I have found that the 124gr works much better for accuracy for me and my guns. SO i try to find 124gr at the best price. If 115gr works for you all the better as it tends to be much more plentiful and cheaper!
    I have done the Olympic 9mm deal through SG several times. It is an excellent value. (If you buy a lot from them it is worth getting their buyers club which saves another 5% on ammo.) SG did a free shipping code a few months ago - that was the best deal since their shipping rates can be high.
    The Olympic 9mm works well in most of my guns. I find it to be a bit hotter than the Aguila, but great for plinking. It worked 100% in my guns - until today. I had 3 rounds (out of 50) not fire on my SA1911a1 9mm. The rounds fired on the second attempt. I did not have this problem on the Aguila ammo today. The Olympic and Aguila had worked 100% in my Colt 1911a1 9mm prior to this (with over 3000rds of Aguila and 500+ rds Olympic). It is possible the Olympic has harder primers or there is a problem with my SA that just happened to show up on those rounds.

8. njl

njl

Olympic definitely has hard primers. Compare the striker indentations on the primers of a few casings of Olympic and whatever else you shoot. A while back, Ammoman (and SG) sold a bunch of Olympic in 115gr. Ammoman ended up putting up a warning "not for Glocks" since they and other striker guns (guns without hammers) tended to have trouble igniting the primers. I got one full case of the 115gr stuff from SG (mislabeled on their web site) and had a small number of rounds fail to go bang the first time through. The 124gr stuff seems to ignite easier, but still has relatively hard primers.

On my last order with SG, I was warned about using the same coupon code more than once. Apparently, their intention is each coupon can only be used once per person. Had I known that, I might have placed a much bigger order.

9. GlockCollector

GlockCollector

I have never tried CCI Blazer ammo in my Glocks. Do you have any trouble with it? The price sure is attractive.

10. njl

njl

No problems yet in several thousand rounds each of their 115gr 9mm and 180 and 155gr .40.

11. photo_guy

photo_guy

njl - Now that you mention it I do recall reading that the Olympic 115gr had hard primers. I had not had any problems with the 124gr ammo from them so I had forgotten about it.
    I may need to change to a stronger MS in my SA1911 to get the ignition reliability up with this ammo. Another of the small tweeks I have in progress on this gun.