close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tapco mags on clearance again...

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Dmeister, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Dmeister

Dmeister

Dark Earth Tapco 30rd mags are on clearance at MidwayUSA.com if anyone is interested.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=938881

Last time it was OD Green on clearance, but they sold out some time ago. If history is any indicator, the price may drop a buck or two as the quantity drops.

Here's a link to my previous post on potential problems with the springs if these are an old batch. Tapco will send you new springs for free, so no worries there.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183477

If you don't like polymer mags or have concerns about Tapco's lack of metal reinforcement (this seems to be a big topic of concern among some folks), there are full metal magazines available slightly cheaper (at this time) from this link, and I've read posts here stating that they're good quality.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30

2. Aceman

Aceman

I have a couple of Tapco's and they have been fantastic in my WASR.

3. En9999

En9999

You're much better off with those surplus European ones from AIM. There's a reason the Tapco ones are on sale...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Beat me to it AIM has better prices with out the sale.

5. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

+100. The european surplus are genuine military mags and way overbuilt! Crapco sucks.......:cool:

6. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

I have bought a bundle of the Aim surplus mags and they are the best buy out there! Pick up a bunch while you can. When I bought mine they sent along a new 5-mag pouch for each 5 mags I purchased.

Ronaldo

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

There must be hundreds of millions of surplus AK-47 mags running around in the world. I don't think that we have to worry about their availability any time soon. I see no reasons to buy mags of nebulous origin or quality control.

8. Dmeister

Dmeister

Lots of comments that are long on opinion, short on facts about the Tapcos. If you don't like them, vote with your wallet and don't buy them. If you do like them, they're on sale. I'm just providing some helpful information about where to get them at a better price.

Personally I like them because I don't have to worry about them rusting. They have proven to be more than durable enough for my use, which is apparently relatively light. I use my magazines as ammo dispensers, not as hammers or boomerangs.

Don't get me wrong, I have metal mags as well and they work just fine, too.

Buy what you want and enjoy. Some folks find the Tapcos fit their needs, and having choices is a good thing.

9. Dmeister

Dmeister

Double post.... That was weird.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. En9999

En9999

Here's the thing though. You can get perfectly good surplus magazines that are better than the Tapcos for the same price (or cheaper). I prefer the Circle 10 waffles (but only when I get a good deal on them). The Tapcos also don't have any steel reinforcement around the feed lips...

11. Dmeister

Dmeister

I understand. I know that Tapco mags don't have metal reinforcements. They've been durable enough for me, and I think they'll work perfectly fine for most casual shooters. I'll be the first to say that if you want to pound in tent stakes or do those smack-away reloads that make your magazines fly through the air and (sometimes) land on the feed lips, get metal ones! For the range rat or casual fun shooter, Tapco's are reliable, a decent price, and have a lifetime guarantee. Plus if you need compliance parts, they count as 3.

You like the Circle 10's but only if you can get a good deal. For those folks who like the Tapco mags, Midway has a good deal. :) For those folks who like metal mags, AIM Surplus has a good deal. Everyone's happy! (Well, except that we can't find circle-10's at a good deal right now... sorry. If I could, I'd buy some in a heartbeat!)

12. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

I guess someone had to be buying them... though I don't understand why...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  13. Reswob

Reswob

I would think the "casual shooter" would be even more likely to want to save money and buy commie steel mags. For the life of me I can't figure out how Tapco sells any of this product at an MSRP of nearly double the price of tried and true steel mags.

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

None of my steel mags rust either. I'm too lazy to give them a proper cleaning, so I just sprayed the whole shebang down with a $1.00 WD-40 squirter can. Work like a charm.

15. Dmeister

Dmeister

As predicted, they're down to less than $10 each now, so those folks who do like Tapco, the deal just got a little better.

16. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

European mags from AIM. Great price great mags.

17. recon

recon Millennium Member