Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Call me Jeff
1,960 Posts
Dumb question, isn't there some impact felt by the tank crew? IS there damage to the front of the tank? Or does the tank literally drive right through the car?

·
Cheese?
9,930 Posts
I always taught my kids 'he with the most lug nuts wins'.

We were at a tank museum, and my then 10 year old points at an M-60 MBT, and says, 'Dad, that tank has a crap ton of lug nuts'...

·
Cheese?
9,930 Posts
Dumb question, isn't there some impact felt by the tank crew? IS there damage to the front of the tank? Or does the tank literally drive right through the car?
It looked like the tank bounced a bit? It totally caused the suspension to briefly visibly react a little?

;)

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
They would feel it a little bit. That is about 120,000 pounds of tank vs. a 3,000lb. car. The paint would be scratched and they might have to replace a headlight and bash a dent out of the fenders.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
In 1996, I was in Germany preparing to go into Bosnia. The Mechanized Infantry battalion and a Armor Battalion were allowed to drive on the Autobahn for training purposes. Big mistake. I watch a BMW slam into the rear of an M1 Abrams tank at full speed, killing the driver. The tank crew barely felt the impact. They compared it to braking hard in the tank.

·
1911 lover
10,153 Posts
I always taught my kids 'he with the most lug nuts wins'.

We were at a tank museum, and my then 10 year old points at an M-60 MBT, and says, 'Dad, that tank has a crap ton of lug nuts'...
That is a quick learning experience...

We have a goof at work driving a 1983 scirocco.. and he runs around claiming its so much safer than every other car despite no anti lock brakes, no airbags.
I said my ford f350 has a lot more crush room , and air bags and anti lock huge brakes... my truck is 6350 pounds empty , with 1/3 gas and no driver. More loaded. His vw is about 2400 pounds ... good luck

·
Rational
14,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love that anime series.

In 1996, I was in Germany preparing to go into Bosnia. The Mechanized Infantry battalion and a Armor Battalion were allowed to drive on the Autobahn for training purposes. Big mistake. I watch a BMW slam into the rear of an M1 Abrams tank at full speed, killing the driver. The tank crew barely felt the impact. They compared it to braking hard in the tank.
I just watched a 3-part documentary last night on YouTube about the Battle of 73 Easting in the First Gulf War. Those Abrams are amazing machines. Saddam's army didn't stand a chance.

That is a quick learning experience...

We have a goof at work driving a 1983 scirocco.. and he runs around claiming its so much safer than every other car despite no anti lock brakes, no airbags.
I said my ford f350 has a lot more crush room , and air bags and anti lock huge brakes... my truck is 6350 pounds empty , with 1/3 gas and no driver. More loaded. His vw is about 2400 pounds ... good luck
LOL, guess I shouldn't feel too shabby in my 3,800 lb Cadillac.

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,516 Posts
It looked like the tank bounced a bit? It totally caused the suspension to briefly visibly react a little?

;)
Like rolling over a speed bump. Tank weighs 137,000 lb, car weighs 3000?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts