close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tanfoglio / jericho

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Mykhell, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Mykhell

Mykhell

sirs,

I need your inputs on Jericho & tanfoglio pistols, regarding their reliability, availability & price.

thanks in advance

2. digitalboy

digitalboy

Which Tanfoglio? I own a Limited HC in .40

I had some problems with the magazines that I sorted out by twaeking the lips a bit.

Besides that the gun is extremely reliable and accurate.

I use it for IPSC competition and I shot so far 5000 rounds with no problems (apart the magazines)

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

do a search. ang dami nang thread dito about the CZ's and CZ clones (jericho, tanfoglio, etc)

4. vega

vega

I was about to comment but...

vega

5. New_comer

New_comer

Tanfoglio is now carried by Armscor, so mura lang siya, dami pang parts. Never owned one, but the sampler I dry fired during the last show felt very good in my hands and had a very nice DA trigger, much smoother than my HK's.

I'd take one easy, if payag si kumander. Magagalit na yun kasi 3 na sila kung sakali... ;)

6. gunfool

gunfool

Sir, how much ba yung mura?;f Above 50K ba?

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Nung last gunshow the armscor-marked tafogs were selling for about 23k. ;)

8. New_comer

New_comer

Kung hindi nga 23 e 27K lang.

Me two tone pa nga, kung di ko nagkamali. Gwapo naman, di magaspang ang finish. Oks pang-laro ;)

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

How about WSC's Bernardelli, aren't they the same as the tanfogs?

10. New_comer

New_comer

Bernardellis are the polymer plastic framed gun clones of the CZ, unlike the tanfog-CZ clone I held which was very heavy since it's all metal, steel pa yata, if i'm not mistaken.

I can't remember how the polymer tag looks like, but I can tell that the Turkish gun is very well made, with that very tall rear sight that can be used to rack the slide. Comes in very fashionable pink, blue, yellow and standard black. :cool:

11. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Sabi ko nga kay Deenoh ipanglaro niya yang bernardelli para ma-expose sa IPSC crowd. Kaso lab na lab niya yung glock niya eh. ;f

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

grabe recoil ng bernardelli! masakit sa web ng kamay. ang lakas ng flip kasi nga magaan. better get an all metal pistol panglaro

13. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I bought a Tanfoglio all-metal full-size 9mm about 2 years ago. Heavy, but i liked that - recoil pretty mild. I sold it to go to a G17, but in the long run I might buy another Tanfog 9mm. Some have complained of reliability but for me it was like a Russian tank - simple and reliable. Not as pogi and doesn't have the bragging rights of a CZ (if a CZ has any), but it's pretty much the same thing. Go to http://www.czforum.com and look into the "Clones" thread.

I paid only P20k for mine. The price must have gone up in the last 2 years.

14. New_comer

New_comer

But if they do come out with a sub-compact Bernardelli, anchored on the CZ platform, I might consider buying one. Malaki pa rin kasi yung compact model nila.

Kulay pink kunin ko para mukhang water pistol lang... ;);e

15. gunfool

gunfool

I see, so eto pala yung armscor marked nung last gunshow. I think yung isang model is polymer frame while the other was alloy. not sure though. quite frankly, mas gwapings pa rin ang 1911;f

16. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Just get a CZ 75/75B 85/85B or the jericho. Tanfoglio is cheaper but quality is questionable

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

maganda ang tanfoglio. mas matagal and mas mahirap lang ang tuning process. mas maselan kesa cz and jericho imho. Pero once you get it running, okay na!

get the all metal and stay away from the polymer frames. masakit sa kamay par iputok! ang lakas ng recoil

18. New_comer

New_comer

Doc,

What's the difference in shooting characteristics between a Glock and the Bernardelli? Wouldn't the Glock also hurt as it's polymer too? If I'm not mistaken, me rear end 'flaring' na parang beavertail ang Bernardelli to spread the recoil over a wider area of the hand.

19. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I'm no expert like Doc, but I did have a Glock 17 (20.5 ounces) and I found its recoil substantially more than that of the much heavier all-steel Tanfoglio (about 36? 38? ounces).

I have arthritis in my handjoints and I found the Glock's recoil uncomfortable. (Yes, Glock says that their frames flex and in other ways absorb recoil - the grip angle is supposed to transmit the recoil impetus more efficiently to the arm's bone line etc. - but I found my Glock to be a light gun that didn't absorb recoil much. It was always intended to be light, for soldiers weighed down by a lot of other things, so that's no design flaw.)

Went to a 40 ounce 686 Plus revolver. Very good recoil absorption of +P .38 loads, and even .357 magnums are quite bearable.

20. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

si Jun Gino, kasama namin sa team pb, dati ang gamit niya bernardelli. the beavertail digs in the web of your hand and you can feel the recoil impulse and the flip is a lot higher than the metal models. i don't know what happened to that pistol but he changed to a jericho.

the glock also flips higher pero walang sharp sensation sa web. i don't know, personal preference siguro, but i didn't enjoy shooting the bernardelli.

Kung pang carry siguro, pwede, kasi magaan, specially the compact models. but sa akin kasi, pag di ko magagamit panglaro, saka di ako mag enjoy gamitin, huwag na lang.