Talon rubber grips

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vmann, Mar 11, 2014.

1. vmann

vmann Controller

Might have to put them on all of my others now...a bit tricky to get installed perfect, which I didn't, but over all pretty pleased...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry....

That looks pretty good! Nice job. I might mention one thing. I am not sure how the rubber grips act, but I put the granular (skateboard-type) grips on my guns. I just liked them better than the rubber slip-on Pachmayers I had been using.

But the rough texture grips had a tendency to catch my cover shirt when concealed IWB and would hold it up. So I ended up sanding them off a bit and that worked. I just wonder if the rubber grips might do something similar?

Just a heads up you might want to check and see in case they do.

3. Jaysonics

Jaysonics

Nice! Just put the rubber Talons on my 27 which I carry IWB. Very pleased with them so far

4. Shiloh228

Shiloh228

Have on my G19/G3...love them! Keeps the gun from slipping, so I don't have to re-grip any more. Recommended!

5. Sheepdog689

Sheepdog689 NRA Life Member

I just put a set of Talon (rubber) grips on my Kahr CM9 - absolutely love em. I'm going to get sets for my G38 and G39 now.

6. The Gemini

The Gemini

Ditto here. I put a set of rubber Talon Grips on my Steyr M357. That gun now feels absolutely amazing! Very impressed.

II

7. Rak2369

Rak2369

I posted a tread about talon grips here: https://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1520704

I have gone the skateboard tape route and found it tore up my clothing. Another member recommended Traction Grips (tractiongrips.com). I ordered a pair for my 19 and after I received them quickly ordered a pair for my 36, 21sf and 26. They are really nice, allow a solid grip on the gun and at $8.95, are much less expensive then Talons.

Comes with a piece for your thumb and the bottom of the trigger guard. I am a big fan.

8. vmann

vmann Controller

I looked at those, wanted it to wrap around, so went with talon....

Just curious, why is your thumb touching the trigger guard?

9. Rak2369

Rak2369

Thumb is not touching the trigger guard. It is for the top of your index finger on your support hand for two handed shooting.

10. Big1

Big1

Cool! I have them on all of my guns too, love it.

11. vmann

vmann Controller

I read that wrong, sorry...

12. TremorX

TremorX

Here I was contemplating getting my 19 stippled. The sandpaper type grip tape tore my side up(think I have a scar). Was looking for an alternative, thanks for the info.

13. RUT

RUT

The answer is very simple... just replace them with the rubberized versions. Those sandpaper jobbies are way too rough for my liking.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  14. Mellow45

Mellow45

A liitle Talon grit tape goes a long way. I cut strips to fill in/cover only the smooth areas on the grip. On my latest effort, a 41, I left all the 4th gen texturing except the backstrap area that was flattened. I stuck the tape on the whole back strap area between the back-strap gtooves, then cut to fit strips for both sides of the smooth front grip areas bordering the Glock texturing. I use little rectangles of the grip tape between the textured areas in the finger grooves. WALA -- removable stippling.

The sandpaper can be sanded down to be less agressive but still more sticky than the rubber grip IMHO

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  15. JohnnyDB

JohnnyDB

Very pleased with mine.

16. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

Have them on my G19 and G26, great grips.

17. DannyII

DannyII

I saw those on Hickcock45's review of the Glock 42. That texture looks pretty sweet.

Might be just the ticket to solve the smooth front-strap on my Gen 2.5 26 getting slippery when sweaty issue, and it might make my Gen4 19 not so much of a cheese-grater when carried without an undershirt.

Where's the best place to order some?

18. 1canvas

1canvas

the trick to having Talons stick good is to wash the grip area down with alcohol with a saturated paper towel. then dry it real good with a hair dryer making the grip really warm. if any alcohol residue is not dry in the groves the grip will loosen up over time. I followed the directions on my first couple grips years ago and they would come loose. I did it my way and have had them on now for over four years on two Glocks and over 2-3yrs. on two others.

19. surfdog

surfdog

20. 1canvas

1canvas

I like Talon grips but after the last price increase I won't be buying anymore. thats just too much for die cut grip material. great profit for the company for now but just like any other products others will sell the same product for half price. they would have been better off keeping the prices low in the long run.