close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

talon grips

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1canvas, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

just got my talon grips for my 27. do these thing smooth out a bit? they sure feel pretty ruff, so i haven't installed them yet.

2. JVO

JVO

They will break in with a little time. They are rough at first but found I liked them better that way. You can always aid the process if you wish as well.

3. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

they will break in shortly and wont be as rough. I also liked them just fine when they were new.

4. telecster

telecster

Have one set made 2 anothers and just bought a G-23 RTF2..I love them all. You can always take them off, but I bet you don't.

5. tinman517

tinman517

I hope mine do not become smoother than they are now. I think they are just right as they are.

6. 1glockfan23

1glockfan23

I put Talon grips on my Glock 23 and have never looked back. You will adjust to the rough grip, I prefer it to any other grip I have tried.

7. rtn

rtn

Have Talons on my G19 and G30. They're rough, but you won't notice anything negative when shooting, just the much-improved grip. Put it on and shoot 100 rounds. You'll be happy.

8. 1canvas

1canvas

i just put the talon grip on my 27 and they feel great. they give me a secure feel on the subcompact that is better than anything i have tried, i'm sold.
    the only concern i have is my outter clothes hanging up on the grips when i ccw, but for the subs these things are great. if it wasn't for the clothes thing i would get them for my 23, i'll have to see.

9. digitalmike47

digitalmike47

I have these on my G26. I want to get some for my Springfield XD9, and XD9 SC. I know these have the grip safety, and I think I can trim that part once installed so the safety still works. Which Glocks are comparable in grip size to the XD9 and XD9 SC?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  10. JETHRO38

JETHRO38

Just ordered a pair for my G30. Any complaints?

11. 1canvas

1canvas

i really like the talon grips. they really give me that confident grip on my 27
    but they are just a bit to agressive. they would catch my outer cover clothes and were scraping my shirt. its like they had tiny hooks.
    these are the best grips for me so to make them work i took 150 grit sand paper, lightly touched up the sides leaving the front and back untouched.
    now they are perfect.

12. Mando20

Mando20

My son and I just bought some Talon grips for our G19's. Hopefully we will get out tomorrow and try them out. They sure do rub your side when in a IWB holster. lol But I really think they are going to be great.

13. chukb

chukb

got a pic? just curious how the fitment looks....

14. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

The Talon Grips are great, and if you're not very handy or just plain lazy I'd say order yourself some.
    Now, that said, to be perfectly honest their real innovation isn't really rocket-science and is really just a two-fold improvement on what was already available as the "decal grip" sets that have been around for a while: one, they're cut in a template that allows even the most un-artistically inclined among us to get a decent 360 degree wrap of the Glock lower rather than just settling for covering the grip panels and a few other spots with small strips, and two, rather than using the less grippy, larger/coarser grit grip tape like what was already commonly available in the "decal grip" sets and like what you'd find at the local hardware store as anti-slip/stair tape they utilize a much grippier, finer grit grip tape that is also thinner than the other stuff.

Thing is, as any skateboarder will tell you, it's the exact same thing as Jessup brand griptape which is pretty much the "industry standard" griptape in the skateboard world and found at just about any decent skateboard shop for about $5-$6 a 34"x9" sheet (enough to make Talon-style grips for your game-gun, your carry-gun, and your BUG, with enough griptape left over to make one grip each for about 5 more of your buddies' guns). Plus you'll have enough materials to cut out pieces for the critical support-hand thumb rest area and the surfaces above the grip-panel but below the slide which is really helpful for shooting one-handed.

If you know how to work a razor-blade and/or a pair of scissors you're in business. Support a local skateshop in your town and check it out...

15. loltom

loltom

i just got mine in a few days ago and they are a bit rough! I think they will break in though, only gripe i have so far is that my clothes sometimes stick to them when i CC. other than that i think they are great.

16. JVO

JVO

Fitment is perfect on my 26.

[​IMG]

17. EXETER

EXETER

I really liked the way the talons fit and the excellent grip they gave me when shooting. Unfortunately, in the process of seriously cleaning my g19 after a long range session, I soaked them more than I should have with CLP. The finger strips popped loose and would not stay put. I contacted Talon and was instructed to take them off and clean everything with alcohol and reinstall. It worked for a while, but it's not a permanent fix. I'm either going to have to get another set or go back to Hogue Handall - which also work quite well. Decisions,decisions....

18. cornnutt

cornnutt

mine broke in fine luv them
    [​IMG]

19. cornnutt

cornnutt

20. digitalmike47

digitalmike47

Nobody knows which Glocks the XD9sc and the XD9 are close to, grip wise??? :whistling: