close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Talon grips!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CTfam, Jan 19, 2010.

1. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Hey now, Just got my Talon Grips in the mail. I need to run over to my sisters to borrow her hair dryer... Funny explaining that... I need to heat up my GUN!!! :supergrin:

Anyways, I was thinking of installing them like this guy did by sticking the excess finger strips under the grip rather than cutting them. Looks cleaner to me. Go to 1:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFKrHAJrtc

Anyone else do it this way?

Be back soon with the hair dryer!

2. Jim S.

Jim S.

I couldn't watch the whole video. He drove me nuts.
    Think about what you are doing before you do it.
    I have found that even though the Talon Grip is not as rough as stair tread or skateboard tape it is still rough on your skin and on your holster.
    It will wear on leather after a while.
    I cut mine and put the piece on the backstrap and cut the finger pieces to go on the front strap. Didn't want any on the sides.
    Took some of the extra and sanded the parts that actually touched me or the holster in a bad way. Now it's fine.
    Be sure to wipe the grip area well with the alcohol pad. Press the tape on and then use the hair dryer to heat it and press it some more.
    Mine have been on for a long time now and I like them as opposed to when I used the whole grip as it came. That didn't stay on too long!

3. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

How about some pics of your current set-up :whistling:

4. ChucklesG21

ChucklesG21 CCW'ing a 21

It could just be me but the Talon Grips look like the same material as the Decal Grips sold on TopGlock.com. I had them on my 21 for about a year and I hated them. I hadn't been shooting as much and they didn't really bother me. I recently got my CCW and began spending more time at the range, changed to a Hogue Hand-All slip on rubber grip and my groups have tightened up considerably. Let me know how you like the Talons once you get a chance to shoot with them.

5. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Hey guys, quick update.

I have them on a G-17 and a G-26. Followed the directions exactly and they came out perfect.

My opinion is that they are ROUGH! Not a bad thing though.... My G-17 is set up witha light for HD and wont be leaving the house much. The G-26 has a short enough grip that I think I can just ride my boxers up higher on that side so the grip doesn't rub the skin. The grip DOES irritate the skin if it's rubbing.

I carry IWB with no undershirt. These grips will not be going on my G-19 because of this.

I may try the black crayon trick since the part that rubs my hip doesn't even get gripped when I hold the gun.

Maybe I'll do a quick video...