close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

talon gripped all

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rbl, Feb 23, 2010.

1. rbl

rbl

I finally ordered a few talon grips for a couple glocks, should of done it a long time ago
    [​IMG]
    full size 31c, compact 19, subcomp 33. I don't have a 34 or 35 to show it, and Im trying to find an OD 32 to put a set on
    [​IMG]
    g31c
    [​IMG]
    g19
    [​IMG]
    g33
    [​IMG]
    I had some left after cutting the fingers to size so I placed a piece on each gun up front on the trigger guard

2. rbl

rbl

[​IMG]
    and then a piece on the bottom of my g33 mag pearce extender

3. ctkenc

ctkenc

Looks great; nice job.
    I "Talon'ized" :rofl: my G34 yesterday ... goes on really easy.
    Wish I would have had a small piece left over as I'd like to put a spot where my left thumb is to rest just below the slide ... just a small patch to serves as a reminder.
    Ken

4. rich n

rich n

Same here! Just got a set for my G27 also...just waiting for gssf membership to get here so i can go get the damn thing!

5. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

I cannot believe what a difference it makes on my 30. was running thru some drills with wet hands because here in tx it gets pretty hot and humid and was very happy with the grip. I was skeptical as all heck but feeling is believing and I hope more give them a try.

nice touch adding the leftovers to the front of the mag.

6. jlc767

jlc767

Heavily leaning towards some Talon Grips if / when I end up buying a G21. How rough are they? Does shooting ever become uncomfortable? Probably a must-have for home defense, huh?

7. MURRAY

MURRAY Millennium Member

nice grips I make my own with 3m floor tape

8. Glockguy

Glockguy

I like them also. Non-slip and perfect fit on my G26! Followed up by purchasing another set with interest in determining the shooting/handling difference perceptible on a G32.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  9. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

the texture is very grippy but does not irritate my hands after a day at the range. just for perspective I typically go thru 200 rounds on my 30 and another 200 with the mrsdregotglocks 23. I was concerned as well before ordering because if its uncomfortable I wont use it regardless if I paid 10.00 or 1,000.00. no issues to date on comfort after a days shooting and no issues with wet or sweaty hands.

the pattern fits exactly to the size and shape of the 30 and has approx another 1/4" extra (which I will now use on my mags) on the finger tabs (much props to that idea passed along - of course if it were a snake it would have bit me in the *** lol).

yes you can make your own, (and I always suggest that we all get as creative to find our own solutions), but for me I wanted to see what the talk was about. its 10.00 shipped - and to me made more sense than the decal grips due to the added texture on the pads of my fingers.

10. Brain Virus

Brain Virus

I am going to be ordering mine tonight :D yay!

11. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

Isn't that just skateboard tape? can't you buy that at the hardware store?

12. rbl

rbl

I agree for $10 it wasnt worth me to cut and fit, Im pretty cheap also

I dont like wasting lol, so I had to do something with the extra:supergrin:

13. whitey4311

whitey4311

The really cool part is if you like scratches then you will love how the sandy stuff falls in the holster and scrapes up your slides. I dont have them on my gun but search around and you will see this is a complaint by some. If this is a work horse gun and you dont care about cosmetics then no biggie but some cry when their finish gets blemished.

14. Hendricks433

Hendricks433

Its kind of hard to argue with $10 considering it looks much better than a DIY.

15. operator81

operator81

I have them on a G21SF, G34 and G17. The only issue I've run into is the portion that runs down the middle of the backstrap (hump) shifts to the right during firing. So much so it got boogered up. I just took a hobby knife and trimmed it off. Other than that they are great, I have a set waiting to go on my G20SF once it gets here. They stick in your hand very very well.

16. GeorgeBurdell

GeorgeBurdell

I just put one on my G23 - works great. Easy to install. And the grip is great! Very secure.

17. D445547

D445547

Hi Operator, that shifting should not be happening, hit me up on PM or via my website and we will get it taken care of.

I've been through many hundreds of rounds and many more days of daily carry over the past year with my duty G21SF (pic in avatar) grip and it's still going strong. My co-workers are having the same good experience with other model Glocks as well. :cool:

18. DasBulk

DasBulk

Didnt think about that. Glad i went with the AGrip then. :)

Might try the Talons on my fun gun.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  19. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

I put one on my G26, my main carry piece and it scratched my skin to hell and tore up a few shirts, I took mine off, its a great grip, but if you carry IWB I think its very uncomfortable, but it does what its supposed to do!

20. operator81

operator81

PM sent as well as and email with pics. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010