Talking To A Cop Today @ CCW...........

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by LinuxLover, Aug 27, 2018.

1. mc1911

mc1911

Does this also apply to police?

2. fredj338

fredj338

Why do people ask such ridiculous questions when OC is presented??? LEO are wearing a uniform that pretty much tells everyone what is what. The casual thug is deterred the determined killer is not likely. Plenty of cases where armed LEO are shot every year by ambush.

3. gunowner1

gunowner1

Yep! Even if a cop just says hi, I ask if I'm being detained or am I free to go.

hurley842002 likes this.
  4. Schrag4

Schrag4

For the reasons given above (and over and over in other threads), I thinks OC is all risk with virtually no upside. Only time I think the risk is reduced is if you’re in a group of others also OC’ing. Not very helpful for most people’s day to day.

janice6 likes this.
  5. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Don't Fed laws prohibit bank carry anyway?

6. Dave514

Dave514

Not that I'm aware of. Please cite those laws if you know of any. Banks are not federal property.

7. holidaypf

holidaypf

janice6 likes this.
  8. Patchman

Patchman Florist

You know how sometimes you'll walk by or into a store/bank/whatever and it just happens the local armored car company is making a delivery or a pickup?

I cross the street or avoid that scene simply because if there's going to be a robbery, the robbers are going to point their guns at the guards and be ready to shoot them. I avoid OCers for the same reason.

fredj338 likes this.
  9. hurley842002

hurley842002

Probably the biggest CCW myth in existence.

janice6, PowerMEGA and ranger1968 like this.
  10. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Yup.

janice6 likes this.
  11. jonb32248

jonb32248

12. G29guy06

G29guy06

JFC!!!

This crap again...

I am standing in line at a bank. The bank I used to go to door is to the left of line, I’m right handed. Robbers bust in and wave their gats around, my carry side is blind to them...

Or maybe I’m open carrying an M4 which would be obvious that I’m armed, except I’m sitting in one of the bank offices doing a mortgage and the robbers w/ their steel waving trying to regulate can’t see me in the office and I rock out w/ full auto

Please... stop the charade of “you’re a target” like I’m wearing an orange bicycle triangle while I’m walking around... the arguments against really are pretty hollow...anyways...

mc1911 likes this.
  13. Critch

Critch

A few years ago in St. Louis County a guy shot up a council meeting. The first person he shot was the uniformed cop. I carry concealed.

fredj338 likes this.
  14. TexFarm

TexFarm

Even though legally I can, I would never open carry any firearm. The first time I actually saw it was at the NRA convention in Dallas this year. A couple of wannabes were walking around like a couple of tick turds. My wife asked me if that was legal. Unfortunately I had to tell her it was. Why draw attention to yourself? If anything else I want to be the gray man.

15. PowerMEGA

PowerMEGA

Both of these, x10.

Why put yourself on top of the target list?

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Now really,I OC in asheville daily.I can cc at my job because it's p/p.I work in 28806,own a home in 28748 and can cc there p/p.I don't/won't go anywhere with 2a violations.

Granted 2a rts are by the cotus/states rts.Uncle sugar has usurped those thru highway "funds"or the "threat" of you don't drop dui to .008,you lost them.'08.

17. Joe King

Joe King

As a active-duty LEO, it has been my experience this is a mostly true statement. The less-informed (uneducated if you will) doesn't seem to know how to answer questions or when to shut their mouth. This causes me more paperwork and more time spent in the D.A's office...neither of which I enjoy. On the other hand, a constitutionally legal stop opens the tight-lipped to a charge of obstruction which is very easy to prosecute in my area.

18. rogn

rogn real dogs

It would seem in the opening scenario that if the miscreants were trying to avoid violence and the potential increase of penalties then they would make it a point to disarm all those with OC at the outset. Howver if dealing with a group that havent any scruples then they might be inclined to immediately shoot anyone open carrying. So by this analysis, OC would be more of a liability unless everyone in the place was OC. Then it could be like one of the Glock TV adds with a crescendo of metal clearing kydex or leather and/or cocking of SAA types.

So overall CC seems the best option with the potential to join the fight without being ID'd at the onset.

19. hardluk1

hardluk1

linuxlover So in your town that's the size of ours in an area and in a state that does not have a CC vs OC ratio your 30-1 ?? Interesting how you come up with those stat's ! . Any how, you don't live in an area full of vacationers or even worse liberal deomcraps to pitch a fit so what you do in mountana has little to do with WNC . Don't care what happens in comifornia ether but you seem to .

_______________________________________________________________________________

kirhi08 Wow you mean in 20 years I have not bumped in to you some where while OC and how many others OC have you seen ?? . Anyhow I only expressed my opinion as that is what this tread was about right ??

Then you say you can CC at home? Why only at home ? Guess you don't have a CHP then so CC off your property is something you can not do . maybe . Anyhow it really does not matter specially after you start dragging in something about drinking and .08 lost . What ever , sounds like your dealing with your own pile of issues . I could care less .

20. Anomander

Anomander

This, but in rural settings I would be more open to, um, open carry.

fredj338 likes this.