Talk me out of buying this Beretta 92FS Inox

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Jade Falcon, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I love this Beretta 92FS Inox, but I don't want to impulse buy.

https://arms-tek.com/beretta-92-inox-307-ii.html

In order to make this work, I would sell my 3rd Gen Glock 22, which is my only Glock, that I bought new in December of 2006. I've got probably less than 5,000 rounds through it, and I baby it so it is in excellent shape. I would be selling 3 .40 cal mags and 2 9mm mags with it, as well as a Lone Wolf ported barrel and a KKM 9mm conversion barrel. Included would be 3 boxes of .40 ammo, as well as a box of 180gr. Winchester Ranger T-series that is my primary defense ammo. Also included would be a leather Tagua holster as well as a Level II Safariland Raptor 6270 duty holster. The gun has the standard plastic sights that came with the gun.

I'm thinking $600 for the lot, then take it down and add whatever is in my wallet to the purchase. If I absolutely have to, I can include a Marlin M60 .22 LR or Winchester 12 ga 1200. I would sell the Glock privately, not through a dealer.

I don't want to impulse buy though, and I love my Glock. I impulse-bought a Ruger P89 years ago, and I grew to hate it. I can already see myself having buyers remorse....but that Beretta is a thing of beauty, and I kind of feel like I've gotten tired of the Glock. I kind of want something made from steel. I'm also not terribly fond of DA/SA guns, and guns with safeties (unless that safety is on a 1911).

Speaking of 1911, I could forego the Beretta and get a Ruger SR1911, perhaps....?

Talk me out of it, or tell me to do it. I'm open to thoughts. Thanks!

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Don't buy the Beretta INOX. Let me buy it instead.

Jade Falcon, GlockWheeler and Joshhtn like this.

3. smartShooter

smartShooter

The Beretta 92 has an aluminum frame, not steel. The slide and barrel are steel, but it's also steel on your Glock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cpt.J and Jade Falcon like this.
  4. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

Don’t buy it. You don’t need another one.

5. JK-linux

JK-linux

All I have to add is... never sell a reliable gun that you shoot well.

On a side note... were I buying a Beretta INOX, I'd wait and find an original Italian specimen with all the parts "silver".

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/815368045

6. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

The magic is not in the gun, it's in the shooter, starting with the fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control, then transitions and movement. If you don't have that it won't matter whether it's a $150 HiPoint or a $4,000 STI.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  7. bac1023

bac1023

If you want a steel gun, look elsewhere.

8. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

"Speaking of 1911, I could forego the Beretta and get a Ruger SR1911, perhaps....?"

The Beretta 92FS Inox is a pretty gun but it's big and heavy for a 9mm and it's a crunchenticker (DA/SA/Decocker) and it's a lot of money to spend on something that just looks pretty.

Get a Ruger SR1911 and with the money you save, you can afford to keep the G22 with all those accessories that add up to a lot of money that you'll never get back when you sell them.

9. diamondd2

diamondd2

I wouldn't buy it because it has the slanted dust cover. I would look for a used M9 framed Inox from a couple years ago or all Inox Italian (Inox controls and straight dust cover) from the 90's. But that's just me.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  10. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Get it if you want it. You don't need us to talk you into or out of it. It's a great blaster, an iconic 9mm, but it is heavier and larger than your Glock.

And I heartily second the recommendation of the Italian all silver variant without the warnings.

Just my $.02.

11. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

CZ75 or a 1911, for a steel gun

Borg Warner and Nucflash like this.
  12. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

"Steel gun" was a mistake on my part. The point was: a "metal" frame gun, rather than polymer.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

13. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

The 92 is a sweet shooter and a very handsome pistol. I have one in Inox with the silver controls. If you buy the advertised one, you will very likely want to add the silver-colored controls down the road, an added expense.

The other thing to be aware of is that the silver color of the frame is no longer silver anodized; rather it is painted on. It will wear. Mine shows a little bit of wear under the trigger bar. It isn't hideous, but it is there.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. Wizzz

Wizzz

I love the 92fs model. Always been reliable, super accurate, and the great classic looks!

I'd just keep the glock and buy both the 92 and 1911. Save later.

15. Hank Was Right

Hank Was Right

The 92FS Inox is an incredible and iconic gun. I've owned several versions over the years, and never regretted purchasing or trading into any of them. I do regret a couple I traded away.

Some will tell you the 92 is too big and heavy for a 9mm. I disagree. It's size and balance are features that make it a great handling 9mm. While it's overall length and width of the grip make it a little less than ideal for carry, it's really not that heavy and I've carried one concealed quite a bit. A six dollar "D" spring is all the gun needs to really sing, assuming you're willing to learn the DA trigger. It's also one of the most reliable combat pistols ever made, assuming you maintain the pistol properly. And yes, as others have mentioned, the frame is aluminum instead of steel.

Having said all that, the Glock 22 is also pretty iconic, and you would be giving up a fine combat pistol.

Cpt.J, mrmike7189 and Jade Falcon like this.
  16. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Keep the Glock . You have too much $ invested in it with the parts, extra barrell etc.
    Save up or charge the Beretta and pay for it later. They are both great guns. You need both!

Jade Falcon likes this.
  17. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I owned an INOX twice. I hated the trigger.

I didn’t like that it had fixed sights.

If I were to buy another, I’d buy one with a threaded barrel, Suppressor sights, and I’d change that horrible plastic grip. Then I’d take a Wilson kit and replace all of the parts in the Beretta.

So when I thought of doing that, I bought a CZ 75 Tactical instead. I changed out the internal springs and it’s a lot better handling pistol for me.

So in the end, I chose not to buy a Beretta for the third time. But that’s just me.

If it’s something you must have, then why sweat it?

Just buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jade Falcon likes this.
  18. PRKJayhawk

PRKJayhawk

92 FS Inox is one of my favorite guns, but I'd hang on to that Glock and save up for the Beretta.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  19. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Crazy to sell your good stuff.

If you need to buy, come up with the cash separately. The next gun will always be waiting for you :)

Jade Falcon likes this.
  20. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah talk about getting pennies on the dollar.

Jade Falcon and seadweller63 like this.