Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love the size of the Kahr P380. 4.9" in length and 4" in height. Pricey little sucker but a small great carry at times.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'd just throw out that I have a Ruger LCPII and it is a fantastic little gun. GREAT trigger for a pocket gun, and cheap. Just to muddy the waters some...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'd just throw out that I have a Ruger LCPII and it is a fantastic little gun. GREAT trigger for a pocket gun, and cheap. Just to muddy the waters some...

My wife carries an LCPII. It's not really a bad gun. She likes it, runs well and she shoots it well. I'm not a big fan of it, though.
I bought a S&W M&P EZ 380 for her but it's too big for carry. Just sold it to Cabela's.
She has a slide racking issue. Though she can rack the slide on the 42 but not too easily but she tried a new 42.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe look at the CW380, it’s basically the same size.
Different barrel, different markings.
Cheaper in price.
Different slide too A one piece vs two on the P .Thanks but I just hate buying a cheaper model of the same gun.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Different slide too.Thanks but I just hate buying a cheaper model of the same gun.
I had the CW380 and for a polymer pistol it didb't feel any cheaper than most.
It was ammo sensitive and I suspect that may carry over to the P380 as well.
Fiocchi was a no go!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know if all models use a polymer magazine follower, but it's a weak point in the design. Mine broke, replaced it with an aluminum one from Lakeline LLC, no problems.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if all models use a polymer magazine follower, but it's a weak point in the design. Mine broke, replaced it with an aluminum one from Lakeline LLC, no problems.
The MK9 Elite I'm picking up is all stainless. Only 5.3" in length and 4" but 22 ounces. Feels so nice in your hand. Solid feel.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I am not so bright so I hate to admit I have had two CW 380’s :(. Never again - they were both jammamatics. Plus they were very difficult to rack because the slide is so small. Even worse, the recoil springs were too short (maybe, not dead sure) so they would frequently fail to go back into battery. Plus an occasional light strike. I now have two SIG P238’s = perfection.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Once I've learned the history behind Kahr Arms, it does not exist in my Universe anymore.

Reactions: Rocks

·
Banned
297 Posts
I just love the size of the Kahr P380. 4.9" in length and 4" in height. Pricey little sucker but a small great carry at times.
I love my CW380 (mostly the same pistol as P380). But I will say it was not without growing pains. I stuck with them since I enjoy the design of the pistol so much. Personally my favorite trigger of any gun I’ve shot too. Butter smooth double action, no wall feel.

I know how a lot of people feel about aftermarket parts but I wouldn’t carry one without putting a Lakeline tool steel striker in it. [URL]https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimate-striker-solution-for-kahr-380-pistols/[/URL]

My striker never broke but many people have had it snap and if you take it out you can feel that it is cheap steel (low budget MIM I’m sure). Think comparing a really cheap wrench to a good quality steel punch.

Kahr apparently agrees since they now offer the Lakeline striker on their website.

It hates steel case Tulammo as well as certain European 380 like Fiocchi and Aguila. These are slightly different spec in the casing head. Winchester, Federal, Speer, Blazer, etc are all great.

Overall I’m somewhere close to the 2000 rounds through mine. I shoot it better than any of other of my pistols and has been great since about 500 rounds when i figured everything out.

Also hopefully a helpful note, a watch band adjustment punch is a perfect Glock tool style punch for the Kahr.

·
Banned
547 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love my CW380 (mostly the same pistol as P380). But I will say it was not without growing pains. I stuck with them since I enjoy the design of the pistol so much. Personally my favorite trigger of any gun I’ve shot too. Butter smooth double action, no wall feel.

I know how a lot of people feel about aftermarket parts but I wouldn’t carry one without putting a Lakeline tool steel striker in it. https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimate-striker-solution-for-kahr-380-pistols/

My striker never broke but many people have had it snap and if you take it out you can feel that it is cheap steel (low budget MIM I’m sure). Think comparing a really cheap wrench to a good quality steel punch.

Kahr apparently agrees since they now offer the Lakeline striker on their website.

It hates steel case Tulammo as well as certain European 380 like Fiocchi and Aguila. These are slightly different spec in the casing head. Winchester, Federal, Speer, Blazer, etc are all great.

Overall I’m somewhere close to the 2000 rounds through mine. I shoot it better than any of other of my pistols and has been great since about 500 rounds when i figured everything out.

Also hopefully a helpful note, a watch band adjustment punch is a perfect Glock tool style punch for the Kahr.
Yes, there's that break in of 200 rounds plus.
I've read about the striker issue. Also, the extractor chain has been improved by some contouring of the bottom edge of the extractor and tension reduced by reducing the length of the rear pin. You would think Kahr would update the striker too. The recoil rod is longer and the spring pressure is different on the later builds.
I sent back a new P 380 because it was made in 2014. I can get a Jan 2020 build..

·
Banned
297 Posts
Yes, there's that break in of 200 rounds plus.
I've read about the striker issue. Also, the extractor chain has been improved by some contouring of the bottom edge of the extractor and tension reduced by reducing the length of the rear pin. You would think Kahr would update the striker too.
Not sure if it helped but I aggressively cycled mine 200 times prior to taking it out. Really I didn’t notice any break in issues just me needing to take the time to learn what ammo worked. With good American ammo, it was flawless.

I bought some spare extractors initially and did a lot of tinkering with them to try to get the European stuff to cycle. Never could get it so I just stick to Federal and Blazer and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure if it helped but I aggressively cycled mine 200 times prior to taking it out. Really I didn’t notice any break in issues just me needing to take the time to learn what ammo worked. With good American ammo, it was flawless.

I bought some spare extractors initially and did a lot of tinkering with them to try to get the European stuff to cycle. Never could get it so I just stick to Federal and Blazer and called it a day.
There's a guy who said did that 500 times lubed well and said the same thing about break in..

Other than Magtech ( especially in the Tomcat), I use US ammo.

Reactions: DevinBreeding

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
With the P365 you can go
10 +1 (9mm Luger)
12 +1 (9mm Luger)
15 +1 (9mm Luger)

Reactions: deputy tom
1 - 20 of 54 Posts