Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I just purchased an FNX-45 Tactical and would like to get a Rugged Obsidian .45 Suppressor for it. I have never shot through a suppressor ( I do have a Dead Air Sandman-S on the way for my 300 blackout though). I know that it won't be "Hollywood" quiet, and I don't intend on using gel to make it even more quiet. I guess what I want to know from you that have one:

Do you fire standard 230gr range ammo?
Do you need "special" ammo?
Does it at least not make your ears ring when you shoot with suppressor on?
Does it feel like it would damage your hearing if you fired a few magazines through it?

Feel free if talk me out of it if you have experience with it. I guess I want one for that scenario when it is needed and you don't want to leave the situation with damaged hearing.

·
Registered
15,017 Posts
Get it.

Rugged makes good cans.
No special ammo required. Standard 230gr is subsonic.
They are well below the "hearing safe" threshold.
Obviously, any loud noise can potentially damage hearing with enough exposure, but a suppressed pistol is pretty mild compared to loud music in your earbuds or driving fast with your windows open.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What a coincidence. I just went through Silencer Shop to order the same can for the Fnx 45 tactical. The ATF process is a pain. I finished all the paperwork. My gun store says there is a back log at the ATF and that it will probably take 4-5 months to get the approval. I understand I can use the can on my Glock 40 by switching in a barrel from lone wolf.

·
Registered
A few
23 Posts
I'm on day 305 of my wait on an FDE Obsidian45. They're very fun and fairly quiet. The FFL here is also a range so I can shoot it whenever. If other folks are not there I can go sans ears and it's pleasant. The warranty is idiot proof. With a swap of the piston you can put it on a 9mm, .40S&W, 10mm, .22lr, etc etc etc. Hot 10mm won't be hearing safe, but it will knock the edge off and be noticable with the muffs/plugs. A second black one is on order so I can have two pistol cans.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Typewriter Machine gun

·
Registered
528 Posts
What a coincidence. I just went through Silencer Shop to order the same can for the Fnx 45 tactical. The ATF process is a pain. I finished all the paperwork. My gun store says there is a back log at the ATF and that it will probably take 4-5 months to get the approval. I understand I can use the can on my Glock 40 by switching in a barrel from lone wolf.
If you did paper their running 12+ months right now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before this post getts forgotten... anyone find a holster or some type of carrying device for the FNX-45T with supressor attached? Obviously this will not be my EDC setup, but some way to carry it ocassionaly with suppressor attached would be nice. Even a specifically designed pouch will suffice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Be super careful with the writing down the ATF info. I screwed up and there was a discrepancy between the atf information and the silencer shop information. I couldn’t figure it out. Silencer shop couldn’t figure it out. Every time I tried to do the certification, the ATF would reject and give an error code. Finally, the gun store owner spotted that I had a mistake in an ATF form and fixed it. Then everything went through. I w super thankful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.