Glock 48 Talk me out of a G48

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Trench Sweeper, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jbritt

Jbritt

Grip length and width can make a difference if you are used to something else. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense.

As far as simply shooting easy (not really trying to hard) groups I shoot like this 19x/45>26>19>43x>43

I shoot the 26 better than the 19 but I shoot the 43x better than the 43. Doesn’t make sense.

Trench Sweeper likes this.
  2. dj45

dj45

I know you already got a P365xl, but I thought I would throw in my $.02.

I have and carry both the P365 and G48. Although lately I've carried the G48 much more frequently than the P365. I bought it because I've wanted a single stack G19 for a long time and was pleased when Glock finally did one. I really like it.

Yes the grip is longer than a G43 or a G26, but I've found that I just simply shoot a gun with a full grip, better. And while the grip is longer, with a nearly 1/4" thinner footprint than a G26/G19 means it conceals good enough for me, as I always dress around the gun I'm carrying, and IWB it's very comfortable.

The G48 grip fits my medium sized hands very well. I don't actually compare it to a G19. I compare it to a 9mm commander sized 1911, where the G48 has a round or two more capacity, is lighter, thinner and Glock. So, I'm good with it.

3. glock-fan

glock-fan

Good choice, you can also convert into a p365. I will do the oposite when the p365xl grip is avail. If you hated the g43x don’t see any reason to like the 48. I totally hate the trigger on my43x.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trench Sweeper likes this.
  4. zennashton

zennashton

I carried a G19 for many years. When the g48 came out I bought one. I love it. It's so much more comfortable to carry then the g19 for my circumstances. I love the grip size it's very comfortable in my hand and I shoot it just fine. I never carried an extra mag with the g19 but do for the g48 because they are smaller and lighter. I liked the g48 so much that I have two now the silver and black.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

peepaw, seang23or32 and ShaneS like this.
  5. JSR

JSR

They may look like the same gun, on paper, but to me they feel different in hand. I really liked feel of the 48 at my LGS; the 43x, not so much.

6. drumgod

drumgod

^I thought they were identical frames?

I shot a g48 side-by-side with my EDC g19. Groups opened up a bit with the 48 but nothing huge. I did find I was re-gripping more with the 48. Honestly... I wish the 48 had finger grooves. :couch:

RustyRyan likes this.
  7. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Have you had the chance to shoot it yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

8. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Yeah, I shot it. It shot just fine. Very accurate. I haven't put alot of rounds through it but I have no regrets.

Deputydave likes this.
  9. RustyRyan

RustyRyan

I slapped granulated Talon grips on mine. Love them. Definitely do not need to re adjust, and I always wear a tank undershirt, so IWB carry doesn't bother me with the grip on skin.

I honestly agree with you, I like finger groves on a smaller to hold gun like a Gen 4 G26 for example.

10. David Frost

David Frost

I bought a G48 when they first came out with the silver/grey slides. It shot well and I liked it fine. It was easy to conceal, but I used my G43 when I needed that extra level of concealment anyway. Then the G43X with the black slide came out and I bought one. It is one of the pistols I carry most often. I also had a P365. That was trade bait for the G43X. Nice gun, but I had a little gear fear with it due to the problems they had early on. I will say, I never had a problem with about 1000 rounds through it prior to the trade.

But, for a gun that gives the G48 and the 365XL a run for their money, Check out the S&W Shield 4" Performance Center with the RDS. I bought one to see how well the RDS worked. I found the trigger to be very nice, accuracy was very good and it has been completely reliable with everything I've put through it. Now, I/m an old guy who has used iron sights on my handguns for over 50 years. I resisted the RDS guns because I
    thought they were a gimmick best left to competitive shooters. I was wrong. The RDS sights on a pistol with a good trigger, accuracy and reliability is pretty damed cool. With practice, the speed at which you can acquire and accurately hit your target(s) is unreal.

Now, having said all that, I will be getting another G48 single stack with the black slide and maybe a pic rail.. Since retiring 5 years ago, concealment capabilities have become much more important to me. I have learned, however, that the M&P line of S&Ws are right up there with the Glocks we have all known and loved for so long.

11. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Didnt care for mine. Get the Sig P365 instead, smaller, more rounds and ability to pocket carry. Love mine, shoots softer than the 48, is more accurate, has a fantastic trigger and doesnt cause you to shoot low/left.

12. JSR

JSR

I’ve been reading Sig Talk closely for a good while, and my problem with the appealing 365 is that at least some of the newer/newest models, including the XL, still have problems. Now I know that no gun is perfect, all manufacturers have some problems (yes, even Glock!), but it does seem that more than most Sig releases early and relies of the public to beta test, introducing many changes as the problems become manifest. Again, I know that reported problems on a list are a tiny proportion of the tens of thousands (?!) of 365s that have been sold. Still, it’s hard to shake the notion that the many satisfied users who report no problems are, or should feel, lucky. By contrast, Glockers assume, with good reason, theirs will work fine out of the box, and beyond.

13. huck70

huck70

I carried a 19 for years, it shot and carried fine. I did want something smaller to carry in the summer and shot both the 43X and the 48 before I made up my mind. The 43X and 48 handled and shot the same for me, I went with the 43X and am happy with my decision.

14. wlkjr

wlkjr

I bought a 48 at the first of the year mainly because I already have a 43 and knew I could make a 43X out of it. Haven't shot it a whole lot till this week while testing some new loads that I worked up. Found a recipe that is fairly soft and accurate to boot. I may shoot it in Competition division at the GSSF match next week. May even put the 43 slide on it and shoot it in subcompact, just haven't come to that conclusion yet. I've always shot my 26 better than any of the other models.

15. GlockinStihl

GlockinStihl A bullet is forever

Ok, don't get one. It's a pointless piece unless you are in a communist state. To carry that length, just get a 19. The 43X however, is phenomenal!

16. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

LGS has a G48 for $520
    I like it a lot a slim G19

17. wlkjr

wlkjr

I paid $380 plus tax for mine. That's the GSSF price if you are a member and have a coupon. It would be cheaper to pay the $60 membership fee for two years and get the coupon. That would only be $440. Save you $80.

Glock 17L likes this.
  18. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

My next purchase is a G24 I owe just a bit more on it & also know where another 17L is but they wants too much for it too.. I might pick the G24 up next week..