Glock 48 Talk me out of a G48

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Trench Sweeper, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Great arguement now I am rethinking. Thanks. Me and my compulsive buys I hate it.

2. Trench Sweeper

Honestly probably 3 days. I have my own range in my backyard so shooting everyday isnt a issue. I probably put around 200 rounds through it and couldn't tighten up my group to be on par with my other pistols.

3. CBennett

CBennett

thats what im trying to figure out...you didnt like the 43X and all this really is is a 43X with a longer slide..now see I was the opposite...I shot at a free Glock rental range day the 43...and didnt like it like I thought I would id take the Shield over it..in MY hands the Shield "seemed" to have less perceived recoil...but with the same accuracy and reliability as the Glock..

Then I shot the 43x and tried to get the 48 but someone was using that when i was shooting the 43/43x....and I liked the 43X much more..and thus think id also like the Glock 48 as its essentially the same gun.....longer slide...I dont think that if id I hated the 43X that id like the 48...only difference is slide length....make sure you like it!

My point i guess(and you said talk you out of it) was I didnt like the 43 and id take the Walther PPS or Shield over it...but I DID like the 43X and im assuming 48...id really question how much i liked and or thought I liked the 48 if you hated the same gun with a slightly shorter slide but same grip..

Now after shooting the 43X I think unless there is a vast difference in price between the 2 as a LE Glock sale..that id get the 48...I just carry IWB anyways so the extra slide length would be inside the waistband..and I never had a issue with carrying my SR9c or Glock 23 other than the glock 23 didnt fit my hands well. bit either way I like them both maybe when I can get that glock 48 I will do a 48/43X side by side and decide :)

Trench Sweeper likes this.
  4. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

What other pistols, and why? Also, are we talking 10" group at 5 yards not well, or 10" at 25 yards not well?

Whatever the issues were were, I'd think the 48 would be similar, just slightly more tame because slightly more weight in the muzzle.

Some people like the tank 26, and large tank 19, over the 43x and 48. I like shooting the super tank 17, but the 43x carries a lot better. The 43 carries even better. They all shoot good, if you like Glocks, and if your definition of good is within reason :)

5. kyjd75

kyjd75

I initially wanted a 48 when they first came out, but I didn't like the silver slide. So I decided to wait for an all black model. During that time I also started shooting a P365, and it ultimately replaced my 43 as my edc. However, I still wanted an all black 48. When one was finally available at my LGS, went to look at it and liked it. But, they also had a P365XL next to it, and I liked that one even better. I think the 48 is a much better choice than a 43X. But for me, the P365XL was the one I bought. Grip is basically same size as the 43, 12 rd magazine with flat base, nice sights, and a flat trigger. So my advice would be to look at a P365XL before buying the 48.

kenzo and Trench Sweeper like this.
  6. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Depends on the role you have in mind for the pistol. If it's just an extra gun then, well, it's a Glock and will be a solid pistol as long as you don't mind the limitations of the design.

If you plan on carrying it, why the G48. For the same amount of $ you can get a P365 which will carry better, better options on capacity and also the option of thumb safety or not. Or several other options that cost less.

7. Trench Sweeper

I shoot my all my 17s, 19s, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 41, 43, and all other brands of guns other than Glock to include revolvers better than I shot the 43x. At any range. I don't understand what the problem was honestly. I liked the feel of it in my hand and shoot my plain 43 very well so I was excited when I bought the 43x. Till I shot it.
    I like to say I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it but the truth is hitting the targets wasn't a problem but shooting my typical groups was.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  8. Trench Sweeper

I had a 365 and it shot well. But as the round count was going up I wasn't impressed with all the broken firing pin issues.

9. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

I have a G48.s and really like it but don’t shoot it consistently as well as my G43 or G19 yet. I don’t know why. I’m going to keep it and figure it out. I think it is mechanically as accurate as all the others but maybe requires something a little different with my grip and trigger control.

10. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I like my Little G-43X enough that it has become my EDC.
    It has bumped my G-23 out, and I thought that would never happen.

11. Deputydave

Remember, the firing pin has gone through 3 revisions. The one they use now is a lot beefier and the issues have disappeared. Turned into a dandy little shooter now.

12. -JCN-

-JCN-

The thin, rectangle G43 grip never sat well with me. Even with the extensions. When I got a G48 it was similar until I put a dovetail red dot on it to really see what I needed to change in my mechanics for that particular gun.

I can now shoot it as well as anything else, but it still takes some conscious thought to have a slightly different hand and trigger finger location on that gun compared to others I own so for that reason I don’t carry it much (at all!).

The P365 took no adjustment or adaptation to point and they fixed the broken firing pin issues with a redesign.

13. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Mine is a June 2018 model, after the revisions, and no issues, no broken striker.

love the trigger, love the sights, but really love the size/capacity.

Trench Sweeper, kyjd75 and Deputydave like this.
  14. Deputydave

Yes, although an initial concern (to me), the new firing pins seem to be just fine. I'm starting to see some respectable round counts without issue. To the point I'm very satisfied.

15. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

The 48 is a nice shooter.

But I prefer the looks, feel, balance, recoil impulse and sight tracking of the 43X.

gatorboy likes this.
  16. Trench Sweeper

It might be time I revisit the sig. Edit: I just looked at the on GB and your trying to get me to spend even more money LOL

17. hawki18

hawki18

Get the 48 I just got mine back from Jagerworx had the slide done in black Nitrite, Now I just got figure out what sights to install now.

18. Deputydave

Figure with the P365 you have the option of regular, thumb safety or the FDE version. And of course 10, 12 or 15-round mags.

I like the XL version, though I haven't shot one yet. However, I would personally wait a bit for the price to come down. The regular P365 was like around $699 when it first hit the market and now you can get them around $500 OTD or even less some places. I would imagine the XL would follow a similar pattern. It's a nice gun, but it isn't a $600+ gun.

19. Trench Sweeper

That plus I always change to flat triggers in my Glocks and install night sights. When you figure in all that the 365xl is actually cheaper. I was just joking around about spending more money. I am waiting to be seen at the Dr right now but have plans as soon as I get out of here to go to a shop that I know has them to look at them again.

Deputydave likes this.
  20. Deputydave

If you get one, I'd like to hear what your thoughts are after you shoot it. I forgot it has the flat trigger so that is a nice bonus.

As a side note, I've really taken to the Xray sights. On my Glocks I like the orange outline on the front sight but have to admit, that neon green on the Xray sights really attracts my eyes on the draw.

kenzo and Trench Sweeper like this.