GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Quick question about the Stribog (and why I went with an AR9) is that the hand guard area for the support hand looks really tall. How does it handle a medium sized hand gripping it?
I guess I’ve never had a chance to handle one but it looks chunky around the barrel.

Help me with this part, if you will.
I hold the hand guard from the bottom due to the side charging handle. I found it to be very comfortable and balanced. Follow up shots run easily as far as staying on target. It is something to run a full 30 rd mag on a steel plate and hitting it consistently. If I didn't already own numerous AR9 in this configuration I wouldn't hesitate. I do like the side charging feature and seen conversion kits for an AR but again that's more money.

Reactions: GlockPride

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have both the Stribog and AK-V and both are great. The Stribog is a little smaller package. The AK-V mags are cheap and work in the Scorpion. The Magpul Scorpion mags do not work in the AK-V.

Finestkind

·
Registered
19,532 Posts
Quick question about the Stribog (and why I went with an AR9) is that the hand guard area for the support hand looks really tall. How does it handle a medium sized hand gripping it?
I guess I’ve never had a chance to handle one but it looks chunky around the barrel.

Help me with this part, if you will.
With how short the stribog is I tend to hold it in an MP5 type hold on the magwell

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
NO THEY HAVE NOT. That decision concerns a particular model from a particular manufacture and does NOT have any effect on the use of a brace on a pistol.
They've *notified* a particular manufacturer about a particular model. So far. . .

We'll just have to see how far it spreads.

·
Registered
19,532 Posts
Ever buy from Ranier Arms? Anyone? The reviews I see online are mixed it seems. Wasn't very encouraging.
I haven't online. They are only a couple of miles from my mom so I just walk in

·
Secret Squirrel
230 Posts
I haven't online. They are only a couple of miles from my mom so I just walk in
Thanks.

I just placed an order online a few minutes ago. The $650 Stribog was too good to pass up. Some are around $900 on gun broker and I looked at one at a LGS today for about that same price. They sold 10 of them in mere days at that price point when they got them in.

Contrary to some of the online reviews I read, I called them and talked to a helpful voice twice while entering the order. That was encouraging so I jumped in.

·
Secret Squirrel
230 Posts
Early in this thread I called Ranier and placed my order. A few minutes later they were all gone. I finally got it on Friday. I always though I wanted a CZ scorpion evo but I think this may scratch that itch more effectively. Cost is a lot less and there appears to be a lot of accessories on the market for the Stribog too.

I already looking at brace options, and other accessories. I think I can add an optic and suppressor and it will be even more fun. This is gonna be good. I'm gonna need a lot more ammo to feed this thing!

·
Build the Wall
10,205 Posts
I don’t have a 9mm carbine. With prices through the sky, seems a gun used by a police service, built like a tank, for 800 with three mags, is a good deal. I may sell a an extra PSA AR for close that.

Last repositioning before the real chaos.

Anyone have one?
I have one but have not shot it yet, but it feels like a quality pistol, looking forward to getting it to the range eventually! Check out Gun Zone Deals for great prices on the Stribog!

20200621_145219.jpg
20200621_145822.jpg

·
Secret Squirrel
230 Posts
Steel & Wood, I love the pictured folding brace with tail hook. Thats what I want for mine. Do you know which one that is?

·
Registered
30,864 Posts
I’d go with the AK-V instead.

But head’s up, the ATF just changed it’s ruling on braces. Consider that in deciding your next purchase.
And it appears they may be on the verge of making all such pistols "AOWs".

·
Build the Wall
10,205 Posts
Reactions: pgg00
21 - 34 of 34 Posts