Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[see also Florida Gathering thread]

The weather has cooled and I have reloaded the gear for the season. I'll be taking it all out for a night of Primitive and another night of Primitive in non-primitive location.

Do I need all this crap? No. But that's not the point. I always like to roll with the full bag/set just for the workout.

The weather just cooled down and it's gonna be awesome. I'll be sure to post pics and comments on all things used!

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Do I need all this crap? No.
The point my friends always miss is you can always lighten a load by ditching stuff.

My bug out bag has a deck of cards. Do I need it? No. Can i toss them at any time, sure.

·
Millenium #3936
6,509 Posts
Pack what you need... waste is indicative of poor planning or lack of knowledge. The whole ( toss what you don't need ) is actually counter productive. Waste takes up space, adds weight and prohibits items that would have otherwise been included if space allowed. This stuff isn't hard, you just have to want to work at doing it right.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,769 Posts
Good chance to eliminate the stuff you didn't need, making room for more water, more food, more socks, more DEET.

Try out some of the stuff you didn't need but wanted to bring anyway (shovel? axe? machete? bo staff? spear? frog gig? slingshot? hammock? extra stove? Armadillo Helper? folding chair? reflector oven?) and see if any of it is worth it's weight.

When I practice hiking with overloaded packs, I carry way too much water, because it's cheap and easy to dump if I feel like it.

·
Banned
14,313 Posts
The point my friends always miss is you can always lighten a load by ditching stuff.

My bug out bag has a deck of cards. Do I need it? No. Can i toss them at any time, sure.
Depending on what else your carrying that deck of cards could come in pretty handy.

It's been raining all day and ya need/want a fire for cooking a meal, break out those cards you've been carrying in a ziplock and you've got a lot of fire power there (pun intended) probably more than enough for drying bush to start a decent fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts