close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taking a Trip...

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by hardcorp, Feb 4, 2010.

1. hardcorp

hardcorp

I will be going to Florida in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if I will any problems with my ccw on the way down. Our exact route has not been planed out and I have checked the Michigan Reciprocity and the laws in the states I will possibly go through, but wanted to see make sure I didn't miss anything and possible get some personal experiences.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. Cicero

Cicero

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

If you haven't seen it. Pretty much, as long as you're not heading due west through WI, IL, or IA, you can get to almost every place in the country you'd want to get to with a MI CPL. When I do trips like this, I prepare a folder for every state I will travel through -- go to the individual state pages for all of your states, print those, and then go to the MI atty general website and print off current copies of reciprocity letters from the various states. For completeness, you might want to go to each state's official AG website and print off their official copy of the reciprocity letter. I then keep this folder in the car in an easily accessible location just in case I run into an anxious cop.

Never had to use it, but I feel a lot more comfortable having this folder. It also helps me figure out whether to inform the cop if I get stopped and I can check out no-carry zones depending on where I stop.

3. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

Oh and after Feb 10 you should be good to go in any national park too, so long as your ccw is requred in the state you are passing through. Example Blue Ridge national parkway.

Just remember visitor centers are still off limits for ccw, Federal Buildings.

4. hardcorp

hardcorp

Hey guys ...Thanks for the info..

Cicero, thanks for the website ..I have been going to another on for info but the one you gave me is more detailed.

Errick... I have heard about the national park deal but never heard that it was taking effect on Feb 10th ( been away from this forum for a while) do you have a page for more info?

5. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

6. Waffen Monk

Waffen Monk

I think if you head straight down I-75 you will be good...have a great time you lucky b*stard:wavey:

7. srd

srd

Have a safe trip . Like mentioned above just stay away from 3 states and you wont have any trouble. I used to make the same trip to handgun hunt wild boar with my wifes uncle until 4 years ago when we got divorced. Dont forget to visit a few gun shops while you are down there. The ones i used to stop in at had some great pricing.