Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aaaarggh all this news clips on this thread it gets irritating. Is there no other sensible thing to be talked here like Glocks besides ALL this RUMOR mongering pathetic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh yeah, this particular section ONCE....ONCE was a useful section before you turned up and all your post as per my analysis are news clippings to start a discussion.

You must be having a fast connection and tons of time at hand, get a job or do something useful

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hmmmm can't take criticism well aight then. This thread is a Garbage thread.

Remember Glocktalk is NOT your daily TABLOID. Any more infractions on this I would raise this issue with the Glocktalk owner. This is suppose to be a small community of Glockers and not a RUMOR Centric tabloid corner.

So you better shape up and REMOVE your GARBAGE THREAD:steamed:

·
BOG's #1611
1,286 Posts

Remember Glocktalk is NOT your daily TABLOID. Any more infractions on this I would raise this issue with the Glocktalk owner. This is suppose to be a small community of Glockers and not a RUMOR Centric tabloid corner.

easy bro, for as long as a thread doesn't step on anyone's toes it's an okay thread. if you don't like it don't read it, neither waste your time to comment. according to your given info, you are new to Glocktalk, why not give due courtesy to older members. you don't even have authority (on this forum) to comment what is garbage or not. you are too rude man.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts

Then raise the issue with Eric, pal.
It'll probably help your case if you stop acting as if you ARE Eric,
telling GT members what they can or cannot post.

See this? --->

It's a button to the left of every post made on GT,
so that anyone can report anything objectionable in any postings to us,
the GT moderators.

If you don't care for a thread's topic, then ignore it.
If you find its content inaccurate, then challenge it properly with references.
If you find a GT member being rude (as you are) then let the mods know.

-horge

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
you are very rude 3glocker!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
you are new to Glocktalk, why not give due courtesy to older members.
I don't have any problems with chowchow's posts nor TripleGlocker's comment about it. I do however feel that this statement of yours is prejudiced against new members.

Are you trying to imply that new members should bow down to "older" members?? This is a public internet forum which is privately owned. How long you have been posting here does not entitle you to any special privileges or expectations.

Respect is not given, it is earned! Before you tell somebody to be courteous, be one yourself!

·
U.S. Veteran
7,841 Posts
Are you trying to imply that new members should bow down to "older" members??
Damn right!

It's an unwritten law.

With all due respect to you, sir. :supergrin:

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Respect is not given, it is earned! Before you tell somebody to be courteous, be one yourself!
Respect and courtesy ought be given to ALL by default.
It is disrespect and discourtesy that needs to be earned...
but then your second sentence above says as much, counter to your first.
:)

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
What's so weird, my dear TG? :)

In a courteous and respectful society, even strangers are accorded respectful and courteous treatment.
They don't have to "earn" such treatment. GT isn't boot camp, which is in nature a proving ground,
and to which the expression "you've got to earn their respect" fully applies.
A lot of folks like to swing the phrase around regardless, because it really sounds neat.

In a courteous and respectful society, it is when folks (strangers or familiar), step out of line and
act discourteously and disrespectfully, that they "earn" getting paid back in the same coin.

As for newcomers showing respect for veterans... I dunno. That's a cultural thing, I guess.
I think it's simpler if both newbs and oldtimers show respect for this site's Terms of Service,
which everyone agreed to abide by, before registering here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415933

Again:

If you don't care for a thread's topic, then ignore it.
If you find its content inaccurate, then challenge it properly with references.
If you find a GT member being rude (or otherwise violating GT TOS) then let one of us mods know.

h.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
You only need to be smart enough to read and abide by GT's TOS. :)
Anyone clearing that bar is pretty much all set here.

h.

·
BOG's #1611
1,286 Posts
I don't have any problems with chowchow's posts nor TripleGlocker's comment about it. I do however feel that this statement of yours is prejudiced against new members.

Are you trying to imply that new members should bow down to "older" members?? This is a public internet forum which is privately owned. How long you have been posting here does not entitle you to any special privileges or expectations.

your understanding is too far from what i meant. i said due courtesy, probably the words "due courtesy" would depend it's meaning based on the person's orientation about respect.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
your understanding is too far from what i meant. i said due courtesy, probably the words "due courtesy" would depend it's meaning based on the person's orientation about respect.
If you want to quote yourself, quote the entire statement as you wrote it, "due courtesy to older members."

WHAT??????:shocked::shocked: So you want new members to show due respect but only to a certain segment of the forum???? That is pure elitism.:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
the rules we play by are called the TOS. there's one guy who makes the final decisions.

the folks who implement those decisions are called MODS.

They do a pretty darn good job at keeping the kiddies from putting sand in each others hair, and taking turns playing with the steamshovel.

Deciding to voluntarily take on their job, or Erics job, seems a trifle presumptious and liable to give offense to said individuals.

It'll be interesting to see if the presumptious part will pay off, but if you're taking bets I'd like to bet against it.

If there's one thing older members have figured out, it's who runs the joint. You can tell they have, cause they're still here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts