Tactician EDC Light

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by emsg19, Oct 6, 2018.

1. emsg19

emsg19

I have never carried a flashlight. I scored a Tactician for $68 at Optics Planet so now I am going to start. To anyone who carries a light, does the push button ever get activated from sitting on it if carrying in back pocket? Or specifically with the Tactician, does the tailcap ever rotate on its own possibly to the constant on position?

2. benkarns

benkarns

Can you still get it for $68? Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Turk3196 likes this.

3. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Heart of the Rockies

Not a Tactician, but I always have my EDCL1-T in my pocket, and, no, it never accidentally comes on or twists to constant-on in the pocket. Surefire buttons are pretty stiff, as are the twisting mechanism, so I doubt it’ll be a problem.

Also, one of the benefits of the momentary-only buttons, such as the Tactician and EDCL, is that even if they do turn on in the pocket, such as if you put pressure on the button while bending over, it’ll go off as soon as pressure is released. Love my EDCL1-T, and sure you’ll love your Tactican. It produces one hell of a wall of light, yet still focuses the beam just enough for use at reasonable distance. Nothing but great reviews regarding the Tactician.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. emsg19

emsg19

It is $139, then I used one of their discount codes and I had a $50 gift certificate that came with my last purchase.

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

I got one for $119 from Botach and while it's a great light, I had to quit carrying because it was constantly getting activated in my pocket and burning me. The momentary on is easy to activate and that was the source of my problem. The twist for constant on is very stiff and won't accidentally come on. I'm back to carrying an Olight M20 Warrior again.

If someone ever makes a pocket clip that allows for bezel down carry for the Tactician I'd gladly carry it again as I loved the MaxVision beam. Mine now sits on my nightstand.

6. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I’ve carried the same Surefire Backup every day for 5 years. I twist the cap a little to prevent accidental engagement of the push button. Sometimes when I forget, my butt will start burning and I’ll have a dead $2 CR123 battery..

Joe! and FullClip like this.
  7. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

If your butt's burning, I'm going out on a limb with the idea you might not be a tactician.

Inyo Tim and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  8. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I’m such a Tactical Timmy that I look both ways after every shot, but make sure to never look while I reholster.

Inyo Tim, G19Tony and Jeff S. like this.
  9. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

See if you can do a live EP looking both ways on all shots, splits and transitions. Post a vid of that breaking 10 HF, would be epic.

And ya, of course never look at the gun when re-holstering. Preen the neck beard, and slam that bad boy home. But for sure bust the tactical strong-hand press check first.

EYES ON THE THREAT! IT'S A GUNFIGHT! ELEVENTYSIXTHOUSAND!

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  10. Mr. S

Mr. S

I've read that the clip from the EDCL-2T will work on the tactician and allow bezel down carry.

11. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Not really Glocking. Moved.

12. Sgt127

Sgt127

I have tried to EDC every flashlight imaginable.

The only one I’ve ever owned that I can actually EDC that has enough output to be useful is the Peak Eiger. With a tritium fob so I can find it. In the dark. When I need a light.

8C04A724-83EC-4AD9-A744-8763CD199F66.jpeg