Glock Talk banner
281 - 300 of 845 Posts
That is partially true. Some people choose to have a shell or two "up" because with pactice, if your gun is dry and you need a quick follow up shot, it can be faster to pull one up and go over the top of the receiver and slap it directly into the ejection port.
That's how I keep my two slugs I always carry. 7+1 in the shotgun, 4 on the side saddle, 5 on the butt stock I figure is a good start on the 3" 00 Buck and the 2 slugs on the side saddle just in case.

Those with side saddle shell carriers should have the base of the shell going down so you pull down and slide into the magazine to reload instead of having to pull up and then move down to reload (extra movements and time).

Just my .02 cents
It also helps gravity and vibration to let the shells drop free of the shell carrier all on their own. There is a reason they are brass up.
Saving movement and time doesn't help when there is nothing there to grab.

How about some 'old' style tactical... :cool:

Okay now I hate you...J/K :wavey:

Sweet!:wavey:

If you ever decide to sell her PM me. :crying:

It's not tactical but is 100 years old:wow:

Remington model 10 12ga Remington's first pump action six shot repeating shotgun:cool:

It's not tactical but is 100 years old:wow:

Remington model 10 12ga Remington's first pump action six shot repeating shotgun:cool:
Thats pretty cool. Does that gun have a story?

I suppose I could post a photo of my Remington 11. It is a 1931 auto that is based on the Browning design. It belonged to my Great Grandfather. He had it with him when he died of a heart attack back in the forties.

281 - 300 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.