Taco Shop Employees Walk Off Job Rather than Serve Police Officers

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ramjet38, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...lk-off-job-rather-than-serve-police-officers/

Sounds like the just want to betch since they really weren't fired, but I think law enforcement might want to rethink their strategy on ordering food as no telling what they might do to it if they even fill an order.

Get your wifes or someone else to put an order in and say its for some chairty or something.
    ----------------------------
    today on my day off my job forced us to do a massive catering order for the columbus police department. the staff walked out and was fired. when i go in tm, myself and other are gonna demand an apology and if we don’t get it we also will walk out.

84.1K4:27 PM - Jun 1, 2020
    13.9K people are talking about this

Another individual who claimed to be an employee wrote:

[​IMG]
    sid [email protected]

today me and my AKM were fired from Condado by the district manager for refusing to make 500 tacos for the highway patrol. I regret nothing. #KeepFighting #ACAB

7:57 PM - Jun 1, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    265 people are talking about this

PJ Media reports that Condado Tacos claims it did not fire anyone. Rather, it closed all of its 20 stores “out of an abundance of caution.”

Condado Tacos made clear that employees who walked away rather than fill the order for officers can still have their jobs if they want them, “A few employees working did express they were uncomfortable with fulfilling the order and after a discussion with their regional manager about their concerns, were given the option to not work on the order. The employees who expressed their concerns chose to not complete their shift last night however, their jobs remain intact at Condado if they choose to return.”

FullClip likes this.
  2. G17Jake

G17Jake

I try to not eat where the employees act as though they don't want me there, and yes, I've seen that.

slym2none, tool-time, Paul53 and 5 others like this.

3. Toocool45

Toocool45

This is old news to me. It is a joke. Raciests, ya for not making food for someone. Not doing your job. Walking off the job. These people have no work ethics what so ever.

4. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I wouldn't want those people fixing my food so it may be best all the way around.

And yes, I hope the walk-offs get fired.

5. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I've thought about this for some time. If I were a cop I'd bring my lunch/food rather than risk this BS. That's the reason I am VERY polite when ordering food to go or to eat in. Bad service? Just let it go and tip enough so you'll hopefully be spared the "payback".

6. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

Don't fire them, F them, they quit...no unemployment for their pathetic azzes.

nursetim, Paul53, Glockdude1 and 7 others like this.
  7. Cfish

Cfish

They can't fire anyone, they are being extorted by the employees.

Paul53 and larry_minn like this.
  8. Captain Steinbrenner

Captain Steinbrenner

Disgusting and despicable, they have their right to refuse to serve anyone but their reasons are horse****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serve_and_protect and ranger1968 like this.
  9. screwman

screwman

Why didn't the cops just loot the place!? It's legal!

10. Schrag4

Schrag4

These are the first people screaming “call the police!” when anyone has enough and pushes back against their “peaceful” protests.

ranger1968 likes this.
  11. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

Punks like this are someday going to be calling the police for help. I hope we can sort them out and tell them to go pound sand.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  12. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Shame the cops can't return the favor and if the place ever gets robbed or otherwise needs police assistance just say they feel 'uncomfortable' responding and leave them on their own. That'd be fair, right?

-Pat

13. 1cm

1cm

Trying to play both sides never works.

Just add "Condado Tacos" to my list of places to never patronize.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  14. Scott1970

Scott1970

Every meal I eat on duty is prepared in my kitchen. No exceptions. I’ve seen co-workers have their food sabotaged, have had insults yelled at me from the kitchen area of restaurants, and I’m done with the risk. If I don’t bring enough food, then I stay hungry until I return home.

These young cops laugh it off, but they’ve not seen what I have. Fast food employees regularly go to jail. A lot. It’s insane to let these people prepare my food.

15. fg17

fg17

**** those employees
    **** those protesters
    **** that old guy that fell down and hit his head
    **** any anti police people
    Sorry about Floyd, but let’s not pretend he was a saint, he was a a ****ing D-bag.

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I can't believe police in 2020 still walk into fast food, or any other, restaurants and eat in uniform or with people knowing they are the police. I won't even do it in an Army uniform in some places, depending on who is making the food. I can understand it in a small town where you know the people making your food personally, but otherwise not a chance.

cheygriz, 9XX19mm, spork and 6 others like this.
  17. bdcochran

bdcochran

Rant on. OP was very careful in what he posted. Then go from there.
    1. if it is fake news, you got suckered in.
    2. if it isn't fake news, I assume that when you rant, you have confirmed that the people who tweeted actually work at this franchise location. My assumption is probably wrong though.

Ramjet 38 has the best suggestion of dealing with "the problem" in the future.

IF (capital letters) you ever are a manager or own a business, you are going to have employees with a screw loose. Like a b-i-l who had a couple of fast food locations. He was told by the franchisor that he would have to hire 4 people within the first year of operation for every position. It turned out to be true. He had a manger steal $5000. He had a college student get caught stealing from the cash register. He had a friend's daughter working for him. A co-employee was shown on video to sexually harass her and he had to deal with it. It is not a matter of paying somebody a couple of bucks an hour more. He even a couple employees selling dope - and I had that with a restaurant walking distance from my high school over 50 years ago. So, that is how the world turns. If, however, the manager acts like the co-owners of the Red Hen in Virginia, then you can assign responsibility to the owners.

18. G17Jake

G17Jake

I always wondered if Rush Limbaugh had some sort of way to order a meal in a restaurant without them knowing it was him. Maybe it's different in the higher end restaurants?... but I doubt it.

19. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

That's disgusting and disturbing.

And I wouldn't even order or pickup in uniform with all this sh!t going on right now.

cheygriz and G17Jake like this.
  20. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

If that was my taco shop, I'd fire them all, no rehire, EVER!