close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taco Bell, Drunks, & not talking to the Police

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Mar 27, 2010.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Cardinals' Porter arrested for DUI

Bakersfield, CA (Sports Network) - Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence early Saturday in his hometown of Bakersfield, California.

The 33-year-old Pro-Bowler was charged with DUI, battery on a police officer and resisting arrest, according to the Bakersfield Californian.

Porter's alleged incident began just after 1 a.m. Pacific time when the California Highway Patrol pulled him over in a Taco Bell parking lot.

Apparently, the officers smelled alcohol on Porter's breath and asked him for his license, which he refused. The linebacker then got out of the car in a confrontational matter and the CHP took Porter into custody after he failed to comply with the officers' requests.

No further details have since been reported.

Porter spent the last three seasons with Miami and racked up 41 tackles and nine sacks in 14 games last season, all starts.

2. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

Ya' know...if I made that kind of money and was going to toss back a couple, I'd hire a limo. This isn't rocket science.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Yea, I don't get it...I'll bet Mel Gibson wishes he had rented a limo, too...

4. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

dam a chippy taking down a confrontational linebacker ?

not bad ..

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

This:supergrin:

6. Adams454

Adams454

The more muscle you have, the better the taser works. Some realize this before they ride the lightning, some shortly after. He might be smarter than the average bear.

7. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

Lucky it was just alcohol. If it had been herb, he would have raped and killed thousands of innocent women and children. You know what the government says about how the bruthas act when they get on the evil herb.

8. Tow/Repo

Tow/Repo CLM

http://raisingzona.com/2010/03/27/trouble-starts-early-for-porter/

Posted by: azscott
    That didn’t take long.

The newest member of the Arizona Cardinals, Joey Porter, formerly of the Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers, was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving early Saturday morning in Bakersfield, California of all places.

First of all, I knew it would be trouble on the field by signing Porter. Now, it seems trouble off the field has followed as well. Is it too late to void the contract? I don’t care how good the Cards think he is, the fact is the Cardinals over the past three seasons have been trying to change an image. Now, the image hasn’t been one of players making cameo’s on America’s Most Wanted like the Cincinnati Bengals played a few years back, however the image prior to 2007 was one of a franchise that could never get anything right. No matter how hard they tried, or seemed to try, bad luck always followed the team. The last thing this franchise needs now is a black eye with Porter.

It gets better. Apparently Porter decided to offer up a little resistance to getting out of his vehicle before relenting and getting out. This is exactly the type of character the Cardinals do not need on their roster. I hope the Cards take a long look at this situation. I believe in second chances as much as the next person, so maybe we offer him one, maybe we don’t, but the Cards need to make sure they know what they are getting in Porter and review this situation carefully before offering any kind of support behind Porter on this one.

Scott Allen

9. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

What? Did they expect him to go to Taco Bell sober? That's crazier than talking to the police.

10. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Whew :phew:... at least they didnt taze him

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. smokin762

smokin762

Some co-workers of mine and I where just talking about situations like this the other day at lunch. We were wondering how many people are caught for a DUI because they just had to get some cheap fast food after a night of drinking. I am sure many people are caught around Fast Food Restaurants.

Would you like a Apple Empanada with that and a pair of Cuffs for dessert?:rofl:

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

So which is it? Is he an NFL linebacker or a Pro Bowler??? I can see ANYONE at TB taking down a bowler.