close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by EvilGenius, Sep 1, 2004.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Hey folks,

Was doing my research on my next notebook when I ran across PC Tablets. In particular, I'm looking at a Toshiba M-205 Click Here

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? After what I've read, I can't see not going with this!!

2. Alexit

Alexit

Try one first. The handwriting recognition needs some work, unless you have a perfect script (it doesn't "learn" block printing so it screws that up worse.) The Toshiba is also like 2" thick, try writing on a piece of paper taped to a 2" 3-ring binder sometime. Especially when you place it on a conference table, its not easy.

The "pure" tablets feel better writing on them, but cost $1000 more and are wimpy in the processor. We were going to change all the executives at one company to tablets and when we got to play with them they were cool, but not $1000 cool. We went with Dell 300m superlights instead.

3. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

Whats so great about tablet p.c.'s?

4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

they're expensive. what other reason would you need?

in all seriousness, they're practical in environments like labs where people need to be able to move around and take notes / look up information in the middle of experiments.