close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sylvester

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by sdsnet, Jun 25, 2007.

1. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I know his name is kind of lame but my daughter was young and thought he looked just like him. He is a great cat though. A bit nervous but he loves everyone in the home.

This is Sylvester

[​IMG]

And here is my old cat who died years ago, Alex (Elgato)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

And I can't forget to include Buster, the cat in my avatar. Here he is when he was a kitten.

[​IMG]

3. goldenlight

goldenlight

Sylvester is a very handsome cat! I love long haired kitties!

But Alex (RIP) looks like he was a real character. What a distinctive, beautiful kitty! What a neat face.

I've seen so many pictures of cats, and still, I'm so often amazed.

I'm very sorry Alex is no longer with you. I hope you had a good long time with him! :hugs:

4. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

Thanks! Alex lived 14 years until he got kidney failure in his old age. He actually never looked old in his last days. One day he just started to lose his balance and then I had tests run. They put him on IV antibiotics to try to get his kidneys going but no luck. I gave him IV fluids for a week or so but couldn't keep him hydrated enough and didn't want to let him suffer so we put him down. He definitely was a character though. He acted more like a dog than a cat. He greeted everyone that came in the house and slept against the stomach of his friend Toby, my golden retriever. He would was always purring anytime any person was in the general area.

Sylvester was rescued from a shelter after Alex died and they said he had been there for three months. They had moved him from one of the bottom cages to the top cages so hopefully someone would pick him and then I found him one day. He was so grateful to have someone pet him and he was a large teenager sized kitty I just couldn't put him back in his cage. We took him home and he insists on spending about 65 percent of his time outside. He rarely leaves the area around our house but is out every night. He and Buster (also from the shelter) play rough often as they are both males but I know they enjoy each other. Buster disappeared one day when he became a teenager and we put up signs and searched everywhere. Then on the third day my wife called him on the driveway and then heard a faint meow. She found him stuck in the neighbors tree. He was either bitten in the stomach by a dog or attacked by a bunch of squirrels but he had a hernia where a small part of his intestines were hanging out. We took him to the vet and they sewed him up and he has been fine since.

We have two cats and two dogs which some say is a lot for a modest home but we sure love having them around.