Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have decided after putting a few thousand rounds through my Glock 19 what I love and don't love about my Glock 19. I did research on this board about who to use to do these modifications on my glock. It all started out with the Glock's trigger guard and finger grooves hurting my fingers and throwing off my grip during shooting.

I contacted Desertscout of Southwest Shooting Authority about the work and he has been extremely helpful. Here is a list of what I asked of him to do:

1. Front finger grooves removed and stippled with the small dot type stippling.

2. Trigger guard rounded, slimmed, and radius cut but the front of trigger guard not modified.

3. Backstrap reduced and stippled like the front.

4.Level II trigger work. Is this a bad idea for a conceal carry handgun ?

5. This was not offered on the site but I asked if they could install the smooth faced G17 trigger on my gun because I can't stand the serrated "target trigger" the G19 came with.

I decided on these things after shooting the Glock 19 enough to realize what I like and dislike about this gun. What do you guys think about these modifications ?

·
NY Yankees
37 Posts
Hi all,

I have decided after putting a few thousand rounds through my Glock 19 what I love and don't love about my Glock 19. I did research on this board about who to use to do these modifications on my glock. It all started out with the Glock's trigger guard and finger grooves hurting my fingers and throwing off my grip during shooting.

I contacted Desertscout of Southwest Shooting Authority about the work and he has been extremely helpful. Here is a list of what I asked of him to do:

1. Front finger grooves removed and stippled with the small dot type stippling.

2. Trigger guard rounded, slimmed, and radius cut but the front of trigger guard not modified.

3. Backstrap reduced and stippled like the front.

4.Level II trigger work. Is this a bad idea for a conceal carry handgun ?

5. This was not offered on the site but I asked if they could install the smooth faced G17 trigger on my gun because I can't stand the serrated "target trigger" the G19 came with.

I decided on these things after shooting the Glock 19 enough to realize what I like and dislike about this gun. What do you guys think about these modifications ?
I think you should be posting pics.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not sent out the G19 yet. I'm just looking for some opinions before I send out my gun for this work. If it was up to me she would be out to Cope at SWSA tomorrow but I have a CCW class coming up next month and am afraid I wont have her back before then. I promise as soon as I get her back I will post ALOT of pics and a full range report.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The modifications are a personal thing. I agree that the grooved trigger needs to go and have done so on all my Glocks. You can do that mod. yourself with a tutorial found on Youtube and elsewhere. Very simple and it feels better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's your gun and you're using the correct approach in first gaining experience with it then messing around. Only you can determine if the grip work will make your shooting experience better.

I looked into level II trigger work, and its not recommended for defense guns. This is from JPRifles... the first source I found. Generally, due to insufficiently hard strikes which sometimes lead to FTFs with hard primers, work that involves mods to the striker spring is not recommended for defense guns. Also connectors designed to prevent overtravel often carry the same warning -- you want to make sure the trigger travels enough!!!!

Generally, I've never heard of these mods leading to any problems, especially with decent ammo. So avoiding those fixes is just an "extra level" of safety.

That being said the one thing I would avoid in a CCW gun, is an overly light trigger. You don't want to be accused of walking around with a hairpin trigger.

·
Registered
713 Posts
It's your gun and you're using the correct approach in first gaining experience with it then messing around. Only you can determine if the grip work will make your shooting experience better.

I looked into level II trigger work, and its not recommended for defense guns. This is from JPRifles... the first source I found. Generally, due to insufficiently hard strikes which sometimes lead to FTFs with hard primers, work that involves mods to the striker spring is not recommended for defense guns. Also connectors designed to prevent overtravel often carry the same warning -- you want to make sure the trigger travels enough!!!!

Generally, I've never heard of these mods leading to any problems, especially with decent ammo. So avoiding those fixes is just an "extra level" of safety.

That being said the one thing I would avoid in a CCW gun, is an overly light trigger. You don't want to be accused of walking around with a hairpin trigger.
There is nothing overly light about our Level II trigger. I don't know who JPRifles is but they have nothing to do with us and know nothing about our triggers and therefore have no business commenting on the reliability of our triggers. We have probably done 3-400 LII triggers on Glocks and have yet to have the first complaint of any description. The same can be said for our LIII triggers. There is no such thing as an "insufficiently hard strike" due to our LI, II or III triggers except, possibly, if you are using ammo specifically designed for weapons that fire from an open bolt.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't wait to get this work done by you guys. I'm still trying to decide which type of stippling I should get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts