Switchblades?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Teecher45, Jan 1, 2020.

1. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Some states prohibit ownership of auto's, some prohibit carry and some prohibit concealed carry. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if there are any states where they are completely unrestricted.

Just need to check your state laws. And also, be aware that municipal regulations can have a higher level of constraint than the laws of their states.

2. Critch

Critch

Missouri is bizarre on these type knives. I've heard no telling how many different interpretations of the law from many lawyers, two of them are prosecutors. The same goes with blackjacks and saps. I have a CCW, but depending on where I am it only covers firearms. I wish Jeff City would get their collective heads out of their collective butts.

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I have several switch blade knives. I like them, but I also have several assisted opening knives. I have found with a little "tuning", (touch of gun oil and screw adjustment) the assisted opening knives can easily open faster than a switch blade.

My Gerber Covert is one of my favorites for EDC.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Gerber-Covert-Spring--4052

:cool:

4. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Flame suit is on...so here goes. I have a spring assisted opener made by Milwaukee...yep...the power tool company. I beat this thing like a red headed stepchild...no offense, and it's rock solid and stays sharp. Got it on sale at Home Depot...$24.

5. sonoma

sonoma

For a spring assisted knive a lot of Kershaws are 40 dollars or less.If you want a switchblade buy a Protech tactical response 3 and it will last about as long as a glock.