Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been discussed already but I wanted to tell of my experience.

While I don't own a full size 1911, I did just buy a Springfield Lightweight Champion. I EDC a Glock 19 in either a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro or a CB Supertuck. It is pretty comfy to carry.

The SA 1911 I just started carrying. I actually made a IWB type holster. I know the SA1911 is heavier and slide is a little bit longer BUT it is noticebly more comfortable to carry. I don't know if it is my homemade holster or the 1911.

Anyone else experience this?

·
5,273 Posts
I sometimes carry a M&P which is like a 19 and also carry 1911's. The 1911's carry much better. Especially a BOB or a CCO.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The .45 GLOCKs are big, but surprised you find the 1911 easier to carry than a G19 which is reasonably thin and very light.
I am surprised as well. I thought they would be close with the Glock 19 being slightly easier. Who knows, maybe it is my homemade holster :supergrin:

·
woo woo
31,024 Posts
I often carry a 5" Kimber IWB and it's more comfortable than the Glock 20 OWB, of course it's hella more concealable too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I used to carry a G19 everyday but about 6 months ago I started carrying my C3 & never looked back. My opinion is at 60 yrs old why EDC my Glock or something else because I don't want scratches. I now carry what I enjoy the most based on reliability, caliber, & looks. Might as well enjoy them now, I can't take them with me.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
1911s are soooo thin, they actually conceal really well. A compact, lightweight one is ideal, especially for IWB carry.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
My EMP is pretty comfortable to carry. I just started carrying it and you definitely still know its there, but it is light

·
5,273 Posts
i used to carry a g19 everyday but about 6 months ago i started carrying my c3 & never looked back. My opinion is at 60 yrs old why edc my glock or something else because i don't want scratches. I now carry what i enjoy the most based on reliability, caliber, & looks. Might as well enjoy them now, i can't take them with me.
amen!

·
The Anti-Glock
4,396 Posts
I qualified with my Kimber Pro tactical last time at the range, just haven't gotten a holster for it yet. So for now, it's my G36.

·
Registered
523 Posts
1911s are soooo thin, they actually conceal really well. A compact, lightweight one is ideal, especially for IWB carry.
Conceal carry gets old quick after wearing a gun around all freaking day it sucks, sun up to sun down a light weight gun can and will make a big defferance

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a VMII for all the guns I carry, and the PCR with thin grips and the 1911s conceal better than the G-19 in them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I carry Kimber's. I think they carry more comfy than Glock.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
I CC Glocks and 1911's equally well in Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holsters everyday without any trouble. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,208 Posts
I definitely agree that the 1911 is more comfortable to carry over a Glock.

Of course, my P7M8 is even more comfortable then my 1911.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
The .45 GLOCKs are big, but surprised you find the 1911 easier to carry than a G19 which is reasonably thin and very light.
I carry my G19 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. To me, it has always felt like a tumor on my side compared to my 1911's which seem to lay flatter and carry noticably more comfortable, despite the weight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts