Switch Brands?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by slickab, Mar 1, 2017.

1. slickab

slickab

I am thinking seriously about switching brands. The reason being, if I do some serious drills or just a good bit of target practice, the bottom of my trigger finger rubs the trigger guard until it is blistered or raw. It is my opinion that Glocks trigger guard is too narrow, from top to bottom. I can not raise my trigger finger as it is also touching the top. The only way around this is to drop my grip, on the grip, about an inch. That will never fly! For instance, this problem is non existent with my Shield. Any ideas? Anyone else?

2. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

3. Kbheiner

Kbheiner

Dremel - I took a ton off in grinding a deep recess and off the right side - no structural harm done.

4. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Some models have a thin mold line left over, just use an emery board to smooth it. I have over 200,000 rounds thru my old 2 pin G17, and that area is now like glass. And no blisters. I average 225 rounds per match on Sat and Sun, all year long.

DJ Niner likes this.
  5. AxlMyk

AxlMyk

I put a band-aid on my finger.

6. slickab

slickab

Thanks, can't hurt it, don't care cause it ain't going anywhere. Already done a grip reduction and stipple. Going with the dremel, then the emery board, then the bandaid !!!
    I knew I could count on you all. All three or at least 2 of these methods have already crossed my mind. Ought to do something with the trigger while I have it out... Any suggestions?