Sweden 'to start lockdowns' as it has world's 12th highest Covid-19 death rate

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Bradd D

Bradd D

A guy I work with tested positive three times.

2. thewitt

thewitt

I never said it wasn't. In fact I said it was...

3. racerford

racerford

You are extraordinarily lucky that you haven’t known any to die of complications of a flu and extraordinarily unlucky to have known 4 to die from complications of CoVid-19. Because over the last 63 years someplace over 3 million have died of flu and complications, versus less than 225,000 reported as dying with CoVid-19 or assumed so without testing. The odds of that must be astronomical.

I hope your luck on the flus continues and your bad luck on CoVid-19 stops.

ThatGuyYouKnow, tm255 and Kevinr20 like this.
  4. Blanton

Blanton

Unfortunately some folks see a headline then post it immediately without reading objectively or applying any critical thinking skills. Happens frequently here.

tm255 likes this.
  5. Jon_R

Jon_R

They are better than FL numbers and our Governor basically said we shall never lockdown no matter what over this and probably anything else. We got him at least two more years. 22M in the state and a lot of them old. We where already told the state would be a hotbed if we opened schools. They opened over 2 months ago....

TeaDub likes this.
  6. Aurora

Aurora

I don't think we really know or understand what we're dealing with. There are so many people saying different things and moving the goal post around, which is a sign that they have no idea what they're doing. Maybe doing one thing this week, maybe something else another. Maybe one more lockdown, etc, etc.

Sweden's approach is, at a minimum, just as good as anyone else's. There are a lot of people who've pushed the U.S. in the direction we're moving in and I think they're going to have some explaining to do. I expect Sweden to be viciously attacked by these people. Scapegoat time.

V.

hannstv likes this.
  7. Taz

Taz

The Swedes are just screwing with the WHO. When the WHO says lockdown they taunt them with herd immunity. The WHO says lockdowns suck they taunt them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

My aunt died of the flu. Just because you don't know anyone does not mean it does not exist.

lazarus66 and tm255 like this.
  9. screwman

screwman

I know a guy that’s 88 and been drunk 72 of it. Smoked till about 10 years ago. Oxygen tube. Positive for china and ain’t dead yet. Go figure.

10. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

I think some with the Covid Thing on the brain should go over in some corner do something into the mask they wear daily. And proudly wear it in public and show everybody SEE this is it the proof it makes you really pop off.

What did they do before Covid?
    ANSWER: The 1918 survivors. post-34986-0-03586200-1426280451.jpg

11. Jon_R

Jon_R

Looks a lot like the lockdown happy Italy graph of deaths. I am not sure any of it matters. Seems the virus does what the virus does. States with masks mandates and locks down look a lot like states that didn't do much. Florida and Michigan are basically the same for Deaths per million people. FL didn't do much and opened back up quickly to include schools. Michigan had armed protests at the capital over the government strict mandates. Guess what we are at the same point death wise.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

12. TeaDub

TeaDub

I have to think there was some benefit from the original "flatten the curve" mantra. If for no other reason than the folks in charge had allowed our stockpile of PPE and ANY plan to deal with something like this were allowed to become criminally inadequate. At least Trump through Obama and probably before that. Locally, as well.

Almost eight months in and the chant should be "get back to work". I would still like to see smart, and hopefully cost efficient measures to protect those in nursing homes, etc. Concentrating on the truly vulnerable was what should have been done from the start. IMO.

13. CBennett

CBennett

Im in this category...Wife and I are also "high risk" she has Asthma I am on a drug that does immunosuppressing and I have HPB....How worried am I about this virus..not very...I am doing the same things i was..if a place says please wear a mask I do..im also not going into Hospitals and Covid wards and kissing and hugging Covid patients....that said have gone to 4 fall festivals this year, go out to eat 1X a week, get out and do all the same stuff I was doing before hand..but personally im being more careful..washing my hands more etc,etc..

Im certainly NOT hiding in my house avoiding all and any public place like a lot of people want you to do or have been scared into doing..

redneck ron and ThatGuyYouKnow like this.
  14. CBennett

CBennett

Its not that no one cares...or says this is all fake its that MOST intelligent people realize you cant go around ****ting everything down that has such a low death rate and that would destroy the economy..I mean you cant lock down for everything that kills ya...imagine if we treated cardiovascular disease the same as this and that kills what...3X MORE a year than covid (About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease costs the United States about $219 billion each year from 2014 to 2015.Sep 8, 2020) imagine if we reacted like we do now for that....or a BAD Flu year....the WORLD economy would be DOA if you acted like most of these people want you to.

The Machinist likes this.
  15. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Americans are dying of covid because: they smoke, they vape, they have alcohol or drug problems, they are fat and don't take care of themselves, or the only reasons that is not their fault: they have underlying conditions out of their control, they are older and more susceptible to any virus or infection. I know 15 people who have had it. All have lived. I was exposed to two of them Rode in a vehicle for work for three hours with one and ended up quarantined because of it. He got dizzy and felt weak but recovered. One had one of those cytokine storms so it was rough but survived. He was out of shape and drank a lot. Got me another two weeks at home. A friends kid has developmental issues and is more susceptible, her husband is a paramedic and is around this stuff daily because that is his job and he cannot avoid it. They made changes to keep him safe and have not had an issue. Same with a coworker whose daughter is susceptible, they made changes and no issues, even during the mass panic the media caused about Arizona.

I do not feel sorry for people who poison their bodies with processed food, over indulge in drugs ( alcohol, vape, and nicotine is a drug), don't exercise and then suffer the consequences.

I know some of you snowflakes are going to snap and get butt hurt about this but this is my take: Nature has a way of killing off the weak of the species or even just killing off a majority of a species to make it stronger and that is exactly what is happening right now. That is what has happened since the beginning of time. Wait until a real pandemic hits. Suck it up, stop being scared little bedwetters and make changes in your life to make yourself healthier. If it happens it happens. Stop being little mask sheep and live your life and stop listening to these totalitarian government dictators who are destroying your businesses and livelihoods with their panic and control and then living their lives because they are more important than you. Push back. Exercise, get vitamin D and C and stop eating poison processed foods. Stop living in fear.

Anyway for those of you that lost people I am truly sorry but death is inevitable. This "pandemic" panic showed these government scumbags just how far they can go to control us. This is just the beginning. Line up now little sheep to take your government mandated vaccines. I mean you can trust us we are the government.

- Sincerely someone who was given experimental vaccines with Anthrax and Botulinum when I got my Gulf War vaccines right before deployment and luckily never had symptoms but know multiple brothers who are still fighting side affects as a result of those vaccines.TRUST US WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. Wake up!

16. CBennett

CBennett

Yup I was in the Army a friend was in the Air Force and the other in the Marines and we all got those shot cocktails..wonder what was in them...they would never tell you ....

17. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

A guy that trained with us for awhile got so sick from one of those cocktails that he cannot eat anything without throwing up, unless he smokes a couple of bong hits or a fat joint of some high quality medical indica beforehand.

He went from weighing 200 pounds to about 140 because of it. The military did exactly jack **** to help either. They just kinda threw up their hands and said "oh well."

Westexas and CBennett like this.
  18. CBennett

CBennett

One of my friends the Air Force guy who did multiple Gulf/Afghanistan tours(medic) has something wrong with him that mysteriously started right after getting shots before the first Gulf war before he went over....still bothers him today somewhat..same deal...typical Military deny and deflect, and Ignore....I was stationed at Ft Mcclellan Al for a bit and went back for a 2 week school(SRT school) and I swear being there through basic and AIT and the polution thats prevelant in that area(came out much after I was there that area and surroundings is basically a giant toxic waste dump) ( https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/fort-mcclellan/index.asp ) so just like those people they did experiments on and guy they PURPOSELY EXPOSED to radiation..just to see what happened... guinea pigs...thats all Soldiers are to them

MaxxAction likes this.
  19. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Here are some interesting metrics from Sweden. If you look at the chart labeled "Death by all Causes" it shows all deaths and deaths from covid plotted along with the average deaths from all causes for 2015-2019. It shows from Mar 20 to Jul 20 total deaths were higher than the 2015-2019 total deaths average. Since then, it seems the deaths from all causes has been back to being on par with or below the 2015-2019 total deaths average. I'd like to see a plot like this for the USA, but the people who vet the "news" for "truth" probably won't allow it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    redneck ron likes this.