close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Swat 4

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by 8-Ball, Feb 14, 2005.

1. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Anyone play SWAT 3 on PC? I have it, and it kicks ***. Just figured I'd let you SWAT fans (if there is any) know that SWAT 4 is coming out this spring! W00T!^5 ~2

SWAT 3 features the G17, G18 (select fire), G19, G22, and the G31. You can pick from JHP or FMJ too. To name a few primary weapons there are M4s, HKs, M1As, AKs, M16s, Benellis, and Steyrs. And an assortment of scopes, supressors, and hi cap mags. To name a few sidearms there are the Glocks I mentioned above and Colts, HKs, Sigs, Berettas, a makarov, and the Five-seveN. I highly recomend picking it up, I can't wait for SWAT 4.

SWAT 4 site

2. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Army Dude Millennium Member

Yeah, heard about that. Can't wait. Swat 3 is one of my favouriteist games ever along with Rainbow Six 3. ;f

More weapons is good. Swat 3 was kinda lacking in the bangstick dept.

3. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

Loved SWAT 3 ... until it broke. :( I got one of those driver problems that cannot be fixed.

Am eagerly awaiting SWAT 4 although I will need to build a new computer as my old one will not meet minimum specs.

4. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

JesseCuster,

Go Here

I got my guns on there and they KICK ***! I've been playing it with them guns for a month using different ones and still haven't used them all!

5. JesseCuster

Cool.....thanks.

Boo. :(

Dangit!

6. Tvov

Tvov

Try contacting some of the people who left comments on that site. They might be able to help?

7. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Here's the exact same one mirrored on a different site. Go down to where it says "rtrt weapons mod v1.0A" and click it. Download and save the ".zip" file to your "mods" folder located in your SWAT 3 directory. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE. Once the file is saved to the "mods" folder, start your ModSelector (MOD.exe) or ModManager and check the box next to the name of the mod.

Click Here

8. JesseCuster

Thanks! ;W ;W ;W

9. JesseCuster

Well, I finally tried the Swat 4 demo the other day.

First impressions are very good!

It's nice to see your guns in first person view. The graphics are nice enough but have a weird kind of floaty feel to them. Still beautiful though.

On my first game, I turned to face the stairs and saw an unarmed guy in overalls. I yelled at him to get down and he started to raise his hands and get down on his knees...I kept my crosshairs aimed at him the whole time. To my utter surprise, he pulled out a handgun from his waist area and took a shot at me. I managed to kill him but not before he wounded me in the left arm. I have never seen anything as sophisticated as this in any other first person shooter. Very innovative. Kudos to the developers.

Your team members will tell you if you're in the way. I like the control system for ordering them around. Much better than Swat 3.

I will be picking this one up for sure.

10. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Awesome! Where did you get the demo?

11. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Are you familiar with Fileplanet? It's a cool site for PC games. Tons of info and downloads.

I use www.fileplanet.com for patches and demos. You can register (free), but it takes awhile "waiting in line" to dl from a server for something new.
    You'll see a pay subscription that supposedly bypasses the slow servers.

At the homepage, scroll down the lefthand column for "Browse" and under that you'll see "Demos".
    You can browse by type of game, etc.

12. Entreri

Entreri Shooter

I played the demo as well, looks pretty good!

I just can't believe that it's finally coming out, after the anticipation of it's release for like two years or something.

13. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

Just got my copy today. As someone who still has SWAT 3 on his hard drive, I was eagerly awaiting this title. So far I've only played the diner mission and the autoshop mission but my initial impression is very favorable indeed. Slow and methodical is the name of the game here. That one doorway you cross without checking or that corner you forget to mirror will be your undoing. My most succesful missions are the ones where I don't take a single shot. A refreshing change indeed from any other shooter out there.

The interface is nice. It's very easy to expertly control your element with a bit of practice. A lot of the keys are multifunction depending on the current situation and the most appropriate next command is always bound to the spacebar (or any other key of your choosing). A very slick control system indeed. Almost every major game function can be accessed with a few keys and the mouse. You never have to break your momentum to issue a critical command or access an important function.

Graphics are nice. Not the best out there, but decent. The lighting effects and building textures are excellent. Not so hot are the static objects that populate the world. Some of them are not much better than what was in SWAT 3, a 6 year old game. Framerate is glass smooth on an Athlon XP 3200 with 1GB of memory and an nvidia 6800GT graphics card. The characters and suspects behave in a very believable manner and the voice acting is superb. Watching a frightened civilian running off screaming "oh s@*t!" really adds to the atmosphere of the game as they're reacting like frightened, panicked people probably would.

The flashbang effect is amazing, especially with some powerful speakers turned up. I always thought flashbangs have been a bit wimpy in other tactical shooters, not so in this one. The Taser is hilarious to use. I wandered around the diner level for 10 minutes trying it on everyone I could find ;f.

What really killed me though is that when the sniper reported in that a suspect had been spotted I was presented with an option to bring up the snipers point of view and actually take control and take the shot myself. Too cool!

14. JesseCuster

Glad I wasn't the only one. ;f

15. TomSplasky

TomSplasky Encase Elegance

Pepper Spray = Hours of nonstop fun.

16. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I got my copy a couple days ago but unfortunately it won't work on my computer:(

17. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

What exactly is it doing?

18. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I have an Intel graphics card and it doesn't support hardware and lighting transformation, So I spent $50 on a game that wont work;Q

19. Tvov

Tvov

You mean an "integrated graphics card"? If so, trust me and buy a separate graphics card. A couple years ago I bought an ATI Radeon, and what a difference. You should be able to find a decent one for under $200.

20. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

You're not going to have much luck running modern games with any sort of built in graphics adapter. For some good midrange cards with capable gaming performance, check out the 5900 or 6600 series cards on the Nvidia side or the 9800 Pro or X700 for ATI. These can be had for between 100-200 dollars online depending on the card.

I'm partial to Nvidia cards as they typically offer better performance in most situations than their ATI counterparts and the drivers are more stable. ATI cards do offer slightly improved image quality though.

The current top of the line money is no object graphics card is the ATI X850 XT PE. With pricing somewhere north of 500 dollars, it also costs more than a lot of computers. I think the card that represents the most power for your gaming dollar is currently the Nvidia 6800 GT. At around $300, it can be easily overclocked to stock 6800 Ultra speeds (a bit faster even) and is surpassed in performance by only a handful of top end cards costing quite a bit more.

What are the specs on your rig? You don't want to go and buy too much graphics card if the rest of your computer isn't up to the task.