Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Swapping out followers in 10 rd mags advice?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Queen Bee, Mar 19, 2012.

  1. Queen Bee

    Queen Bee

    Likes Received:
    Sep 17, 2011
    I live in Ma and while i have plenty of preban mags , my 10 rders i hate loading the 10 th round.

    Could i take the 2183-1 follower out and replace with say a 9mm3 follower? Or do i need a newer 9mm6? ?

    Also does this change the amount of rounds it can hold ?/ legalities?
  2. Priapism


    Likes Received:
    Jan 22, 2012
    Not only can you replace the 2183-1, you should replace it. Google on "Glock 2183-1 follower jam problem".

    It will jam on hollow points. The follower presents the round too low to the feed ramp and the blunt tip of the round catches on the feed ramp. Ball ammo doesn't do this because the tip is rounded and just slides over the feed ramp.

    Many people don't know they have this problem because they don't shoot their hollow points very often. Let me guess, you have a G19 Gen 3 that was purchased during the hi cap mag ban. Probably around 1998-2002.

    If you call Glock they will ship you new followers for free.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012