close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Survey: Iron sights

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by TangoFoxtrot, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As long as you are happy with your your babied safe queen AR, it's all good. :cool:

2. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I lived in Detroit, no need to visit another **** hole. There's too many dotting the landscape of this country.

Well, I'm happy with it because I maintain it well, and I don't knock it around or abuse it un-necessarily. She's got thousands of 100% reliable rounds through her, and that's as sure as I can be. Speaking of which, she's still needing some love after my trip to the range last Tuesday.

I can't imagine how much of a let-down it would be to purchase an expensive, everything you want AR, and find it's un-reliable. Jeeze, that would really be a pisser.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012

3. mjkeat

mjkeat

"As bad as it's ever LIKELY to get." Were you a victim of a home invasion, sexual assault, an assault of any kind? Did you have to take a life to avoid loosing yours?

4. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

3 break-in and robberies, never when I was home.

I consider never having to pull the trigger (pulled my pistol 4 times thinking I would) a major positive. I'm not looking to take a life if it can be avoided.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat

Take a second and look up from your monitor. What do you see?

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Two chicks doing it on the TV. What's that got to do with anything?

:tongueout:

7. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

47" T.V. with the basball game on. Sanfran is up 1-0.

To the left is my cat licking his own ***. Kinds grosse, he slurps when he does it. Diggin for all he's worth. They should make ***-flavored cat food.

Guess he likes a clean ***.

8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Damn, that's a better answer than mine!!!

You watching Skinemax?

9. mjkeat

mjkeat

You fail to grasp the point. If that time ever comes you'll be thinking of this conversation wishing you would have listened to those with experience instead of arguing your "i read" or "i believe" and "i think".

Not trying to be a jerk about it but you need to take a step back and listen to those who have experienced the things you only encounter in your sleep.

There's always someone who knows more or has been through more. This goes for everyone.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat

Do you two know what MOUT is? I guess you already answered that question w/ your above responces.

11. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Yeah yeah, just funnin' with ya.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat

When a guy says the likelyhood of a MOUT situation is slim while sitting in the very definition of a MOUT backdrop it raises an eyebrow. Or atleast it should.

13. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

No, I don't fail to grasp your point.

I can defend myself. Better than probably 99% of the people around me in a several block radius. But then I live very close to the Pentagon, so I really can't extend that radius too far.

What I don't do is live in fear of non-existant threats, I just try to focus on the real ones. I'm in a safe area, with enough cops around that the likelyhood of anything bad happening without a swift and furious LEO response is seriously, seriously low. I face far more danger of getting in an auto-accident, or getting food poisening, than urban combat. I'm more worried about using my seat-belt and watching out for bad drivers, rather than looking for the boogeyman lurking in the parking lot that would chose me as his potential vicitim, and not the young females walking around everywhere.

Bad things can happen anywhere, no doubt about it. But there are percentages, statistics and likelyhoods that normal folks understand.

This isn't Detroit or St. Louis, and I'm not gonna open-carry my AR around.

14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

What raises my eyebrow, is someone infering that they think I might someday need to engage in my own little MOUT operation to clear the neighborhood of baddies that are out to get me.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Don't hang out with drunkards, druggies, losers, murderers, rapists, muggers, and other first-class citizenry, and your chances of having to mow one down with your AR is dramatically lowered.

Nothing is for certain, but the statistics are in your favor of not having to go Rambo 2.0 if you pay a little attention to what you do, where you do it, and who you do it with.

Then you can, ya know....have fun in life.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat

How do you know how versed you are in self defense. What's your measuring stick?

Can MOUT not be confined to your home?

You don't seem to be able to see the whole picture and lack attention to detail.

You're not grasping the point or you'd be reading/listening and no longer typing.

16. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Self-defense is something you obviously take very, very seriously.

Good for you. I'm happy to say I don't take it anywhere near as seriously as you do.

The rest of the world is watching baseball and having a few beers, and one other person is ****ing with you on the internet while enjoying the game.

If I ever have to shoot an intruder in my apartment, I will most surely NOT use the acronym MOUT while I describe how balls-to-the-wall I went with my AR.

Cops might think I'm crazy or something.

No dude, the real point is that you see threats and combat lurking around every corner, plan your life around it, and believe others should do the same. Go ahead and make all of the suggestions and share all of your thoughts as you care to. Just understand that normal, healthy folks see that there are many other threats that are statistically far more likely to be of real concern, so not everyone is planning for MOUT operations in their homes.

12 year old girls can pull off capping intruders from the closet they're hiding in.....so I'm certain you're gonna be o.k. big guy.

17. mjkeat

mjkeat

Thank you, I do take it seriously as I have had to in my past and make a living doing so now. You are they type we laugh at and feel sorry for simultaneously. It's hard not to become jaded.

I guess I can't blame you for not understanding, you've never had to.

Being a warrior from the mean streets of Detroit you should understand the threats that may present themselves.

I'm more of a No Reservations, steak, and wine kinda guy. In fact I have a full stomach and a nice buzz.

I have a feeling that if balls and walls are involved in a home invasion including you it would be you against a wall w/ someones balls bouncing off of your inner thighs.

18. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

When you say "we", I get very, very nervous.

Something about you and other heavily armed paranoid delusionals believing that bad things are ready to kick off that will require you to stage your own MOUT operation at the local dog-park, is disconcerting to say the least. Hell, I don't know, maybe I actually feel good about it, I'm not sure.

Please, make yourself available to me whenever I need you. Keep GT up on your smart phone. When the boogeyman comes to get me here in Arlington, when the Jihadists attack D.C. en-masse and I need to escape the area, I will contact you and you can come rescue me, my knight in shinning AR armor.

19. mjkeat

mjkeat

Cute.

You can use Aunt Sally (British term for logical fallacy) all you want. You're just falling further behind the curve.

20. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I no longer have to care about "the curve", I've got you and your AR a PM away, don't I Super Man?

Gosh, you're dreamy!!!!:rofl::rofl: